Gearbox malfunction rarely pops up

houston2452

Reaction score
Second time posting this, my Audi A4 Quattro 2013 2.0T which has around 100k kms, I had it parked on grass one day and while reversing I had to push the accelerator down quite abit. this is when gearbox malfunction you may continue driving with limited functionality appeared, however after I turned off my engine and turned it back on it went away, it’s been a couple days and hasn’t happened since not too sure what to do as I had my s-tronic oil and filter changed less than 5k kms ago, also the reverse gear also takes a few seconds to get into gear. Is this really bad? Im not too sure if anyone else has experienced this, because I did see some posts about needing to wait a few seconds when you go into reverse gear, however if i go too early or press to hard the gearbox malfunction signal appears.

Have the car scanned for fault codes. That will determine the cause of the problem and guide you in the next steps.

Have the car scanned for fault codes. That will determine the cause of the problem and guide you in the next steps.
I was thinking of doing this myself with the VCDS scanner, just not too sure if this cable is compatible with a 2013 Audi A4 Quattro.

I was thinking of doing this myself with the VCDS scanner, just not too sure if this cable is compatible with a 2013 Audi A4 Quattro.
That item is for cars made up to 2005. Why not try Carista?