Any thoughts on how to replace this trim please?

GE90

Reaction score
Hi

As title, do you think this is a bumper off job?

Cheers

Attachments

• 716E12D4-887A-4983-8234-673C9F64B132.jpeg
    716E12D4-887A-4983-8234-673C9F64B132.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Funny you say that I scraped the diffuser (the shark fin bit don’t ask how!) on my facelift S3 saloon the other day bought original part Audi said it bumper off job and would cost £200 suffice to say I took to my mates garage put on ramp replaced within 15 minutes there are two screws under need and the rest are just clips and no need to take of the bumper. Is yours saloon or sport back. If it is a saloon and facelift That silver trim is practically clipped if you can get access underneath then it just a matter or Unclipping it. Are you you wanting to replace the whole diffuser or just that because they two seperate parts that silver piece mine is actually gloss black but again I don’t know if yours is a saloon/sport back facelift/pre facelift etc

Hi, thanks so much.
Mine is a 5 door facelift, 2019. It’s just the silver trim, and only the left piece - it looks like it might be 3 pieces - left, middle and right? So you think the bit shown silver might unclip if I reach up behind the bumper? Thanks

Does it form part of the diffuser? Thanks
mine does not form part of the actual diffuser it’s a separate trim and attached to it by clipping it in but it’s one whole piece and not 3 like you have described . Either way if you can get underneath you will be able to check that but definitely does not need the bumper off for it.

Thanks again. So would it be best to remove the diffuser and then the single piece silver trim from the diffuser itself?

There is a little bit chance to take it off with out to remove the bumper only the difussor
If you find some space to take of the screws . I'm working on a6 c8 series bumper assembly lane and most of the difusors are with screws and same fast ony every audi. The left and right sides they are with a screw if you remove the screws you take a little bit out the difussor from the one side and pull it out a little bit carefully it and the clips will go out.
For more help you can find some photos from spare parts and locate the screws it will make it easier

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk