Airbag light nightmare

Marcus Kearton

Reaction score
Hi guys I got 2005 a4cabriolet I love it
So airbag light on since getting rained on might just be coincidence
1 month ago couldn’t communicate with car at all replaced airbag module coded in and no faults on my x tool 401
But when I block read all the chanels I get seat occupancy sensor passenger side signal too high my plan is to put a sensor bypass resistor on to the wires for the occupancy sensor but can’t find which wires go where I got gorgeous leather s line seats I have started to disassemble but I think I would rather just test the bypass theory does anyone know which wires are for this sensor
Three pin connectors go into loom in floor under passenger seat I thought it was the black connector but that is blank so it’s the red one or the black thank you for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b69340ae9929baf9b18dd70ba0ba6144.jpg

I’m

The orange wire you can see is a repair to airbag igniter

Red I believe is for power adjustable seats, green is for seat heating. You shouldn't repair airbag wires but that's a different topic.
Did your old seats only have Red and Green connectors too?
If you know someone with VCDS they can just code these out and avoid having to use resistors

Red I believe is for power adjustable seats, green is for seat heating. You shouldn't repair airbag wires but that's a different topic.
Did your old seats only have Red and Green connectors too?

I havnt changed seats I had water damage changed airbag module and now got airbag light on diagnostic not throwing fault but when I read block data it is saying seat occupancy sensor resistance too high
so if I have no wires on black connector does that mean I have been trying to fix something that doesn’t exist

Airbag wire had already been repaired it’s a re repair with better connectors and it solver igniter issue

Yes possibly, did you old seats have a black connector or any wires coming from a seat pad/seatbelt buckle?

No wires to black connector or out from seatbelt stalk I have come to the conclusion that the airbag module I put in although has the same part no it is not from a convertible a4 and that’s what mine is I have another module coming Thursday that is from the exact same car