Audi A3 headlight washer jets

Rosieh99

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2014 Audi A3 and was wondering how I turn the washer jets on for the headlights?
I’ve tried turning full beams on then pressing the washer multiple times but still nothing
Watched a few vids on it but can’t get it working? May this be an issue with my car personally ?
Thanks in advance

Hi I have a 2014 Audi A3 and was wondering how I turn the washer jets on for the headlights?
I’ve tried turning full beams on then pressing the washer multiple times but still nothing
Watched a few vids on it but can’t get it working? May this be an issue with my car personally ?
Thanks in advance
Are you sure that your car has headlight washers? All 8vs have the cutouts/covers in the bumper, but only cars with the higher-power Xenon lights actually have washers behind them.

If your car has headlight washers (and they work) pull the wiper stalk towards you as you would to wash the front windscreen. The only difference is that you hold it towards you for > 3 seconds to activate the headlight washers.

As mikeso51 mentioned, you may have dummy cutouts in the bumper as only headlights above a certain lumen threshold require washers.

Last edited:
I’m not sure. When I bought it the car salesman said they do, i am not very knowledgable with cars so don’t know what 8vs means

The 3rd generation A3 introduced late 2912 was given the type designation 8V. The previous model was the 8P.