Testing the high pressure fuel pump/troubleshooting

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not had a lot of luck getting responses to my threads but here goes.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way of testing if the high pressure fuel pump is actually working? on my 3.0 tdi b7 quattro

I have zero pressure according to a diagnostic system(not VagCom) that a mechanic tried, He also cleared all faults. This was after I was tracking down an oil leak which ended up being the oil cooler.

All together I've had the entire fuel system inside the engine bay off the car ,the pump, the injectors, the overflow return pipes and I replaced the fuel filter while I was sorting out the oil cooler.

Once everything was back on the car I tried starting the car but was unaware that the fuel filter required to be filled with diesel and that Vagcom was required to activate the lift pump. I've never worked on diesels before and I have to say I really hate them after this.

So is it possible that I've damaged the high pressure pump?

Pretty sure I've spent about a grand replacing stuff and hours and hours of my time on this car ,As well as a lot of time wasted waiting on parts to arrive . And to add insult to injury today I took the car off the axle stands its been sat on for 3 weeks and the near side rear spring has managed to break.

This is the 2nd Audi I've owned and I swear I'm cursed when it comes to them.

Any ideas where to go from here would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Rob

bumping this one up,

My vagcom arrived today and it found two faults with the n290 valve
004738 valve for metering fuel-p1282-001-open circuit-intermittent

004728 valve for metering fuel-p1278-001-short to plus-intermittent

Also running vagcom whilst starting the engine showed fuel pressure hitting 540 bar but on checking the rails only a drip comes out