Strange Tyre wear A3

A3SLine2014

Reaction score
Changed the tyres today. 4 x Turanza's brand new £50 each. OSF tyre worn uneven all others tyres fine and legal and seems quieter in the cabin so far
20210807 091934

Did you get a wheel alignment done?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B
Did you get a wheel alignment done?

^^^THIS^^^.

Over inflated would be worn in the centre, under inflated would be both outer edges. Get someone to check your suspension and wheel alignment, otherwise it will do the same again!

You also mentioned only one tyre effected. This suggests that a regular tyre rotation isn't performed.

You also mentioned only one tyre effected. This suggests that a regular tyre rotation isn't performed.

Never bothered with tyre rotation on my previous cars. Rear/front tyres were different sizes and would wear evenly and last for 40k with about 3mm tread left on RWD cars. This car the rear tyres I'll sell as partworns hence a new set and fronts are scrapped.

Never bothered with tyre rotation on my previous cars. Rear/front tyres were different sizes and would wear evenly and last for 40k with about 3mm tread left on RWD cars. This car the rear tyres I'll sell as partworns hence a new set and fronts are scrapped.
40k :) I wish mine would last that long! I'm almost due a 2nd set on the front after 12,000 mile (total) 6,000 mile per set on the fronts!!! Rears will have lasted 12,000. I sold the S3 with 17,500 mile on the clock still with the factory tyres on. Now I have a big heavy car doing lots of short journeys in and around town, I'll not be buying Continental's again, good grip but too soft for my needs.

40k :) I wish mine would last that long! I'm almost due a 2nd set on the front after 12,000 mile (total) 6,000 mile per set on the fronts!!! Rears will have lasted 12,000. I sold the S3 with 17,500 mile on the clock still with the factory tyres on. Now I have a big heavy car doing lots of short journeys in and around town, I'll not be buying Continental's again, good grip but too soft for my needs.
Have a look at Riken UHP's and check out the tread wear number (520?) A set of these wore better than a set of primacy's. 40k easy on front 225/45/17 & rear 245/40/17 and heavy diesel merc. I would have got the Rikens this time but offer of a cheap set of Turanza's id give them a go

Reactions: S32B
Have a look at Riken UHP's and check out the tread wear number (520?) A set of these wore better than a set of primacy's. 40k easy on front 225/45/17 & rear 245/40/17 and heavy diesel merc. I would have got the Rikens this time but offer of a cheap set of Turanza's id give them a go
Just had a quick look, they are cheap aren't they!!! Wet grip only a C :(

Price