Audi S6 2018 C7 Lack of Media Control

BlueEmJay

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know about this problem please? The radio, or whatever music source was last selected, comes on when the ignition is turned on for a new journey, whether I turn it on or not. I have to turn it off twice, sometimes three times to finally silence it. Seems like the car's default is for music to be on. It also comes on at its own loudness level each time. Annoying, because I can't use the volume control as a work around and leave it turned down to zero, until I want Music. Nope, it comes on every time, and blazing, and takes at least two goes to shut it off. Shame because the pop up screen is so cool and good to impress - all the cool runs off, because the radio or whatever won't shut up!!!!

Solution
This is a known bug to Audi that was never fixed. If you press the mute button straight after starting the car it will unmute a few second later so you have to press it again. It's irritating and and I've had my car in under warranty, and the dealer was told by Audi Germany they know about the bug but it would to be fixed. You have to leave the Audio on for around a minute then mute it. Or select an Audio source that has no music (stick in a blank SD card).
Thank you B5Nut. At least I now know it won't get fixed. I will use your blank stick trick! At least that way start up is less irritating.
Hi, does anyone know about this problem please? The radio, or whatever music source was last selected, comes on when the ignition is turned on for a new journey, whether I turn it on or not. I have to turn it off twice, sometimes three times to finally silence it. Seems like the car's default is for music to be on. It also comes on at its own loudness level each time. Annoying, because I can't use the volume control as a work around and leave it turned down to zero, until I want Music. Nope, it comes on every time, and blazing, and takes at least two goes to shut it off. Shame because the pop up screen is so cool and good to impress - all the cool runs off, because the radio or whatever won't shut up!!!!

I have exactly the same problem. I thought the parking sensors were confusing it to be honest. I tend to silence it. Select reverse, then PDC kicks in and starts it again. I mute again. Then finally when PDC deactivates > 20mph, the music comes on again. Mute for the third and final time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlueEmJay
This is a known bug to Audi that was never fixed. If you press the mute button straight after starting the car it will unmute a few second later so you have to press it again. It's irritating and and I've had my car in under warranty, and the dealer was told by Audi Germany they know about the bug but it would to be fixed. You have to leave the Audio on for around a minute then mute it. Or select an Audio source that has no music (stick in a blank SD card).

Reactions: BlueEmJay and jonnyallroad
I have exactly the same problem. I thought the parking sensors were confusing it to be honest. I tend to silence it. Select reverse, then PDC kicks in and starts it again. I mute again. Then finally when PDC deactivates > 20mph, the music comes on again. Mute for the third and final time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just turned the PDC screen off in Menu. I thought this had fixed the issue, but it hasn’t. After turning the screen off I parked the car several times and each time, the Music mode stayed where I left it (volume, on or off), even during and after parking. So, I had access to the audible PDC, but not the visual; seemed like a 50% fix, and I was happier. But, when I left the car (old girl) for a longer period (few minutes), the issue of having to mute, mute, mute was back again.

No one would say the engine is a slouch, but the software sure is! I have SD cards, no hard drive. Before I bought the car it overwintered 5 months with a Dealer, where the battery went flat and had to be renewed. I am wondering if during the battery drain, power saving actions upset Defaults? I dunno. Clutching at straws.

Can it be that a £59k car has this problem and it is not fixed by Audi in a bug fix?

Thank you B5Nut. At least I now know it won't get fixed. I will use your blank stick trick! At least that way start up is less irritating.

Reactions: jonnyallroad
Solution
A day later and the blank source (for me USB) works great. In the meantime I can select Radio via the 6 memory keys, and the car still reverts to the blank USB on next start up. So, for me that workaround works great. Much appreciated your input B5NUT!