Front Parking Sensor "Always On"

Beanhead

Reaction score
Hi there,

Went to put my car into reverse a week ago and one of the standard four front sensors is showing stuck and constantly on with the long beep. Not only is it annoying but its frustrating because when you do try to use it, you gotta look at the screen rather than reverse on instinct and listen to the noise (if that makes sense).

I tried pushing it and cleaning it to see if something may have moved it or obscured it but hasn't solved it.

Has anyone ever come across this before please? Anyway to fix it or is it the actual sensor that's gone? Any ideas if a replacement would solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Beans

I think some just fail over time. They are pretty cheap on eBay and usually you can find one in the correct body colour as well. I'd just swap it out and that'll sort it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Beanhead
I think some just fail over time. They are pretty cheap on eBay and usually you can find one in the correct body colour as well. I'd just swap it out and that'll sort it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, just had a look on the bay and seems reasonable at around £25 odd quid. For that I can't really complain.

Looks like Genuine ones are PDC.

Just make sure that you buy the "inline" connector version, there are many discontinued/superseded part numbers that are equivalent to what is fitted to your car, the rear sensors are "right angled" - well that is for B8 models.

Edit:- always remember that it could just be a wiring issue with a single sensor, for your info, the front bumper cable for a car with only PDC sensors, has 6 wires, a supply feed, a supply return and 4 outputs. The supply feeds and return are daisy chained from connector to nearest sensor, then sensor to sensor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beanhead
Just make sure that you buy the "inline" connector version, there are many discontinued/superseded part numbers that are equivalent to what is fitted to your car, the rear sensors are "right angled" - well that is for B8 models.

Edit:- always remember that it could just be a wiring issue with a single sensor, for your info, the front bumper cable for a car with only PDC sensors, has 6 wires, a supply feed, a supply return and 4 outputs. The supply feeds and return are daisy chained from connector to nearest sensor, then sensor to sensor.

Thanks bud, I literally was about to pull the trigger on the 90 degree one and read this so thank you.

Is it easy to navigate to unclip and reclip without taking the bumper off?

Thanks bud, I literally was about to pull the trigger on the 90 degree one and read this so thank you.

Is it easy to navigate to unclip and reclip without taking the bumper off?
I can't say, I retro fitted them to my 2011 S4 so the bumper needed taking off. The plastic retainer clips are quite strong probably even in summer weather, you can but try to get in from below after removing the lower screw fixings and the under covers. Taking the front bumper cover off is quite easy - well it is after you have done it once!

I've forgotten if there is enough room to fit the right angled versions to the B8, I noticed that my original plan was to buy in that version, but I ended up buying in the version that Audi would have fitted at the factory - just in case as well as wanting to make that feature as per factory fit as possible.

I've had this twice in my ownership - I just wipe the sensors clean and the issue goes away.