Audi A3 8V Carplay

Dofus

Reaction score
2013 1.4 Tfsi A3 SportBack.

I am planning on to add Apple Car Play . Just want some advice if the below module is worth or there is a better one out there for similar price.

Link
Thanks

2013 1.4 Tfsi A3 SportBack.

I am planning on to add Apple Car Play . Just want some advice if the below module is worth or there is a better one out there for similar price.

Link
Thanks
Yikes that is really expensive. Usually all of these aftermarket units are similar and from China. Sellers buy them from China sell them at a markup price. You could find these CarPlay boxes on Aliexpress and can get them for much cheaper so would suggest buying it from there rather than Amazon.

just did a quick search the same one is half the price on Aliexpress..

I have that exact unit from aliexpress in the wife's car. Works flawlessly, and I think I paid £165 for it. Dead easy to fit. Just buy from a reputable seller.

I have an IMI-1000 unit bought off eBay for £210 which I think is same unit you’re looking at.

Just a few things to note:

-Be patient with the install and allow half a day at least. The cabling is tight and it took me a few goes (removing and refitting glove box) to get everything to fit.

-The sound quality through the unit is a little quiet and not as good as B&O if you have it installed.

-You’ll need to enable Aux and disable Bluetooth using Vcds or equivalent otherwise unit won’t work seamlessly with the car.

With all of this in mind I still think it’s worth it. I’ve had it it installed for about a year now in my 2014 1.8 Quattro and have had no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that exact unit from aliexpress in the wife's car. Works flawlessly, and I think I paid £165 for it. Dead easy to fit. Just buy from a reputable seller.
Can you share the link or seller name ?
Also i assume this will work wiuth 5.8' , also what about calls how are they being handled ?
I have an IMI-1000 unit bought off eBay for £210 which I think is same unit you’re looking at.

Just a few things to note:

-Be patient with the install and allow half a day at least. The cabling is tight and it took me a few goes (removing and refitting glove box) to get everything to fit.

-The sound quality through the unit is a little quiet and not as good as B&O if you have it installed.

-You’ll need to enable Aux and disable Bluetooth using Vcds or equivalent otherwise unit won’t work seamlessly with the car.

With all of this in mind I still think it’s worth it. I’ve had it it installed for about a year now in my 2014 1.8 Quattro and have had no problems.

Not sure if my car has Aux as its a PreFacelist version

My doesn’t have Aux either it just has to be enabled in Vcds.

The unit will work without the coding but not seamlessly.

Can you share the link or seller name ?
Also i assume this will work wiuth 5.8' , also what about calls how are they being handled ?

Not sure if my car has Aux as its a PreFacelist version

Yes, there are PIN switches to select your screen size, and it fits most MMI units. There is a boot screen that you can chose whether calls are accepted by CarPlay or the MMI. The car I put it into had no AUX either. You can buy an optical cable for the AMI that will convert it to AUX (you just plug it in in the centre console. As others have said you can also enable AUX with VCDS or OBDEleven and then you do not need the additional cable. I went this route, we preferred the storage space to the cable. But it works either way. I didn't touch bluetooth adaptations, it all worked just fine.

Only hiccup is occasionally if I get out of the car and get back in, the audio doesn't pick up on the car play, and to fix this I just select CarPlay as the audio source on my phone. Might just be my phone. You can also reboot the unit holding the back button and the phone then reconnects.

The seller I bought from on Aliexpress is called "AIOCOAI Factory Discount Store". I did previously have one from a seller "Sinairyu" that was dead on arrival and quite a hassle to get a refund. Hope this helps. If you can't find it let me know and I'll find the link.