Chasing indicators?

Robcobras

Reaction score
Hi, I aren't sure what to search for as I don't know how to describe...

Bought an A4 on an 18 plate last week, my dad pointed out he thought it'd have the chasing (???) indicators, mine flash as one rather then start middle and scroll outwards. Not sure how to describe?? But hopefully somebody can correct me..

Is this function a turn on in car function or have I got the wrong car for the above? I know most cards have hidden bits etc nowadays so wasn't sure.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Rob

Bought an A4 on an 18 plate last week, my dad pointed out he thought it'd have the chasing (???) indicators, mine flash as one rather then start middle and scroll outwards. Not sure how to describe?? But hopefully somebody can correct me..

Is this function a turn on in car function or have I got the wrong car for the above? I know most cards have hidden bits etc nowadays so wasn't sure.

Rob
Usually you'll have "Dynamic Indicators" on the 18. Pretty sure only models with LED lights got this though. Such as S-Line and above.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit

Rob

I believe the scrolling rear indicators only come if you have the LED headlights rather than HID setup, so that should help you.

I believe that the hardware is different and it’s not just a software thing, but I’m not 100% on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AshleyZJ
The above are correct. S-line and above get the dynamic indicators on the rear and to have the ones on the front you need the optional matrix LED headlights.

What model of A4 do you own? Perhaps the previous owner switched it off for whatever reason.

Sorry I missed that out

I have an April registered 18 plate s line.

Can these indicators be turned off then? What do I look for in the dash?

Thanks for the quick replies

Sorry I missed that out

I have an April registered 18 plate s line.

Can these indicators be turned off then? What do I look for in the dash?

Thanks for the quick replies

I don’t believe they can be turned off, I’m pretty sure it’s a hardware difference rather than software so that’s just how the light units function.

If you have the LED headlights but not the rear LED scrolling version then there might be something up like they’ve been swapped. When I bought my 2017 S4 that was the setup so your 18 plate should’ve been the same from factory.

Arh right, yep just stood looking now backs sweep but the front and mirrors are solid. Didn't realise they did differently. Never mind :(

Thank you for the help tho

An 18-plate s-line should have the rear LED lights with the dynamic indicators.

You can’t switch them on or off in the dash. You would have to purchase or find someone with VCDS or OBD11. Then you can code the option on or off.

The reason that option is there is because some countries (like in the USA) don’t allow sweeping indicators. It is possible the previous owner preferred the solid lights rather than sweeping.

Reactions: Daggerit
An 18-plate s-line should have the rear LED lights with the dynamic indicators.

You can’t switch them on or off in the dash. You would have to purchase or find someone with VCDS or OBD11. Then you can code the option on or off.

The reason that option is there is because some countries (like in the USA) don’t allow sweeping indicators. It is possible the previous owner preferred the solid lights rather than sweeping.

Good info, I didn’t realise that they could just be swapped. So at least that means the OP might just be able to turn them back on.

Arh right, yep just stood looking now backs sweep but the front and mirrors are solid. Didn't realise they did differently. Never mind :(

Thank you for the help tho

It’s possible to retrofit the matrix head lamps, that that’s a headache.

The mirror indicators aren’t a factory option, but you can purchase aftermarket ones on eBay relatively cheaply.

Thanks for the help, only had the car a week and I don't fancy dismantling stuff yet haha.

Just looking at all the stuff they can do and see if there is any neat little tricks I'm missing out on.