2018 Audi A3 Full Audio System Upgrade Advice & Questions

Viovoxal

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just recently acquired an '18 A3 Quattro and as a loud music lover, I'm looking to do an upgrade on the car's audio system.

I have the 10 speaker non B&O system and I'm looking for tips/advice/ideas from anyone who's done a full system upgrade on an 8V car.

I'm still in the research phase so I have some questions since this will be the most complex car I've done an upgrade on and I know very little about this car's setup.

One of the main questions I have is does anyone know if any of the stock radio outputs are carrying a full-range signal that I can put into my line out converter (Planning on using a LC2i Pro to account for the very clear bass rolloff). I'm going to take a guess that the rear deck subwoofer's input is already crossed over and not a full range signal coming in?

Another question I have is are there any sort of factory speaker wire adapters for these cars? On other cars I've done upgrades on, sometimes they'd sell these speaker harnesses that would just plug into the factory speaker output and give you the wires to run to your LOC, as opposed to cutting/splicing. I wanna try to keep things as clean as possible.

I'm thinking I'll start with just adding a subwoofer first then move on to the speakers at a later time. Has anyone done a full system upgrade on one of these cars and might have some tips/advice or things to look out for when proceeding?

Last edited: