B6 control arms on a B7?

Binkx

Reaction score
So my B7 (56 reg) 2.0T (BUL) Quattro is starting to push past 145K miles. Generally speaking it’s in good condition for its age and mileage. It’s relatively well looked after. In saying this the front control arms have seen better days and looking to sort them out sooner than later.

I’ve recently been offered a full set of Meyle B6 control arms for £250, unused. Could possible get them for less…..? Both B6 and B7 normally retail for £450

The seller says they fit a B7 and that’s what he bought it for. From what I gather and checking the meyle website about half the part numbers are shared but there’s are some differences. From other forum posts it seems like the parts which arnt shared part number wise between the B6 and B7 should still fit be interchangeable- albeit the B7 ones would offer better handling vs B6.

Can anyone confirm this and provide more insight on this? I don’t mind if the B6 don’t “handle” as well as the B7 as I’m sure they’ll be better than the current ones fitted….

Also does anyone have experience on how many hrs it should take to fit them at a garage. I’d do it myself but the thought of dealing with the dreaded pinched bolt is putting me off. Or is it time to get a MAP blow torch?

Cheers for reading my post