My 2015 S6 C7.5 build thread

Buxton2901

Reaction score
So I am starting a new build thread to track the modifications to my new to me 2015 S6 C7.5.
Same colour as my A6 Bitdi which is the best colour imo.

Spec of the S6 is Tech pack, sunroof, touring pack which is useless to me and I think some kind of interior lighting pack as has lights in foorwell and door cards and in the exterior door handles.

Initial thoughts are that the 4L V8TT is very smooth but then when pushing on the power is relentless. Ride is great in air suspension.

Lots to do to make the car look nicer and sound nicer. Early mods list below.

- Wheels are a must. 20's probably RS6 or R8 V10 wheels

- window tints are booked in

- dechrome and black badges all around
Especially the massive chrome strip allong the tailgate

- lowered a little probably using vcds or cete module

- RS front grille

- rear defuser going black. Most likely with plastdip

- exhaust mod of which is undecided. Both me and the wife are in agreement it's too quiet any ideas welcome. Can't afford a full system unfortunately.

- potentially painting calipers red but again jury is out

That's all I can think of for now.
If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

I'll keep this updated with mods as they happen

Thanks
Paul

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nathan89, CupraDine, Devilz and 1 other person
Nice car and - re the lighting package there with a couple of different options for these:

Option 1 included:
Exterior:
- Courtesy lighting on the underside of the door handles and LED door handle lighting for easy entry and exit in the dark with Automatic activation when the doors are unlocked and active internal door reflectors
Interior:
- Entrance lighting, 2 reading lights at front and rear, Front footwell, Inside door handles, Make-up lights, Storage compartment in the centre console, Ambient lighting of the centre console and ambient reflected light for inside door trims

Option 2 included all of the above plus,anti-glare LED illumination for the passenger compartment. Lighting for door pockets, footwells and inside door handles, reflected lighting for centre console and door inner panels. Surround lighting for centre console (floating effect), make-up lights at front and active door reflectors, with illuminated door sill trims Configured via MMI

Nice car and - re the lighting package there with a couple of different options for these:

Option 1 included:
Exterior:
- Courtesy lighting on the underside of the door handles and LED door handle lighting for easy entry and exit in the dark with Automatic activation when the doors are unlocked and active internal door reflectors
Interior:
- Entrance lighting, 2 reading lights at front and rear, Front footwell, Inside door handles, Make-up lights, Storage compartment in the centre console, Ambient lighting of the centre console and ambient reflected light for inside door trims

Option 2 included all of the above plus,anti-glare LED illumination for the passenger compartment. Lighting for door pockets, footwells and inside door handles, reflected lighting for centre console and door inner panels. Surround lighting for centre console (floating effect), make-up lights at front and active door reflectors, with illuminated door sill trims Configured via MMI
Thanks for the explanation @Frizzley
Think my car must just have option 1 then, interior looks great at night.

A little disappointed this car doesn't have keyless entry as I did use that a lot on my previous A6, although I'm sure it's something I'll get over

Thanks for the explanation @Frizzley
Think my car must just have option 1 then, interior looks great at night.

A little disappointed this car doesn't have keyless entry as I did use that a lot on my previous A6, although I'm sure it's something I'll get over

Forgot to ask, you mentioned a touring pack and it’s no use to you! if you don’t mind me asking what’s in that and why?

Yeah it comes with like an aluminium luggage divider thing and nets to hold the luggage down.

I have a fitted boot liner as my dogs go in the boot so I never usually carry anything else in the boot

Yeah it comes with like an aluminium luggage divider thing and nets to hold the luggage down.

I have a fitted boot liner as my dogs go in the boot so I never usually carry anything else in the boot

What you are describing is the Convenience Pack

Convenience Pack (Avant): An option pack featuring numerous useful items to make your A6 Avant as practical and functional as possible
  • - The luggage compartment comes with a reversible mat, tie-down straps and a load area fixing kit which includes a
    fixing set for the rail system with a telescopic pole and fastening strap for dividing up the luggage area. A through-load
    facility for long items is also provided which comes complete with a removable ski/snowboard bag
  • - Passengers in the rear seat will be able to manually adjust blinds on the rear window and rear side windows to their
    preference, whilst they will also gain two drinks holders in the rear armrest and two 12-volt sockets
Was cheaper on the S6 as the extra drinks holders and 12v sockets were standard. I have a pdf version of the brochure if that is of interest to you. If you would like it please PM your email address