Hello everyone - Advice around B7 TDI Crankshaft Sensor

Shira_A

Reaction score
Morning guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My car developed and intermittent fault and start cutting out and not starting. Vcds showed fault code g28.

Crankshaft sensor has been changed and thr car still won't start. Vcds is still not getting a signal from the sensor. Previously have also changed throttle body and cleaned egr valve.

I'm assuming, there just be a break in the connection. Is it worth getting a wiring diagram and fault finding along the wires?

Thanks in advance.

I've recently had the same issue with my coolant temp sensor. I fixed it by running a new wire from the ecu to the sensor. Have you unplugged the sensor and tested the plug for power with the ignition on? That's the first thing I would do, I'm betting you have none, or next to no power going to the plug. You can match the colour of the wires on the sensor plug to the ones on the ecu plug. If you have no power then I would check for continuity from the pins in the sensor plug to the wires going into it. You can do this by using a very thin needle and poke it into the wire. This way you can rule out the plug. But for your sake hopefully it is the plug as it's an easy fix then. Let me know how you get on and I will try to help. To test power have multimeter set to 20v and put black on a good ground like the engine mounts or something connected to the body. Then check each pin in the plug you should get something. I was only getting 0.06 on one and 0.01 on the other so I knew I had a problem there. With the new wire I was getting about 2.80 and 0.08 if I remember rightly. I know it's a different sensor and vehicle but diagnosing will be the same.
I hope this helps in some way. If I didn't explain very well then let me know as I can try and explain better if you want to check the wiring.
Good luck.