Best obd tool

Hardy

Reaction score
Hey guys, am thinking of retrofitting the cruise control and switching on the rear lights with DRL on. can you please recommend the best obd tool for the job , idealy I would like a wireless version so can monitor other stuff while driving.
thankyou

VCDS for pure coding and good diagnostics.
Cheap ELM327 in case you want to monitor with something like Torque (although, wireles live data is just slow, especially when you want another RPM dash).

Then there are the quite expensive alternatives as OBDEleven and Carista (From what I've heard, not all coding functions are available, depending on the vehicle, you can ask the developers to add stuff for you. I'm not sure which app it was, but there might be costs involved for codings, which is totally free with VCDS).

Reactions: Hardy
VCDS for pure coding and good diagnostics.
Cheap ELM327 in case you want to monitor with something like Torque (although, wireles live data is just slow, especially when you want another RPM dash).

Then there are the quite expensive alternatives as OBDEleven and Carista (From what I've heard, not all coding functions are available, depending on the vehicle, you can ask the developers to add stuff for you. I'm not sure which app it was, but there might be costs involved for codings, which is totally free with VCDS).
Thanks bud ,appreciate the details info

If you are looking at modifications to the 8Y, then you won't be able to do any since Audi are now using SFD protection on all 2021 models onwards. And even some 2020 models.

Look in the Vcd's section and see if there is any1 close to you who can do it for u for some beer money

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hardy