Revo stage 2 map fuel consumption

Alan Oliver

Reaction score
Hi,
Considering a car that has a Revo stage 2 map. I have owned an 8P S3 previously but although the car had a Miltek fitted I never had the chance to check whether it had been remapped.

Car I am interested in is an S-Tronic which Iirc is better suited to remap than the Manual (which i had before)
That aside does the fuel consumption drastically suffer with one of these Maps. I used to average about 27mpg in my Manual.

Thanks in advance

As with any car, its going to be down to how you drive, always known revo maps to be quite full on fairly quickly, but if you're driving normally, theres no reason you shouldn't be able to achieve around the same or more tbh, my daily has a custom map for my stage 2 on a tdi, I dont really boost it everywhere, still get good numbers, if potter on cruise on the motorway I can get high 50's, 60, but of course obviously it will drop dramatically if I need to get round a slow driver.

Let's be honest, you dont buy S3's & stage 2 upwards map to worry about the mpg, generic aka stage 1 are actually on some cars more economical, so people map, but anything above is for power with no real concern for the fuel gauge.

I have a Stg2+ and on normal motorway driving I’ll see 30-32mpg.

DSG are no better to map than the manual - it’s just what ever your preference is. If the auto you’re looking at is Stg2 it would help if the DSG TCU is mapped too.

Yes i believe the Gearbox has been remapped. As alluded to, Not buying an S3 for Economy, My previous one I was perfectly happy with the economy & the performance. I just didn't want it to be markedly worse than a standard car.

I was commenting that an S Tronic is more predisposed to Stage 2 as the std clutch will handle it better than the Manual which with a Stage 1 is at the limit.

Thanks all

Reactions: millsy75
Always have to laugh at forums when people say well if you bought an S3/R whatever and are asking about fuel consumption then you bought the wrong car! No, if the question is relevant to your circumstances then it's a relevant question.

Some people might combine a sportier car with daily duties etc and might need to ask the question. Mine is standard at the moment soon to be stage 2 or 3 unsure yet but I currently average about 26MPG so not great as standard. My RS3 seemed to be more fuel efficient but more modern gearbox and 7 speed probably helped with this when cruising.

Always have to laugh at forums when people say well if you bought an S3/R whatever and are asking about fuel consumption then you bought the wrong car! No, if the question is relevant to your circumstances then it's a relevant question.

Some people might combine a sportier car with daily duties etc and might need to ask the question. Mine is standard at the moment soon to be stage 2 or 3 unsure yet but I currently average about 26MPG so not great as standard. My RS3 seemed to be more fuel efficient but more modern gearbox and 7 speed probably helped with this when cruising.
As i said it wasn't a massive issue but the fact a friend of mine had an 8V Saloon remapped/decatted & has basically regretted it from day 1. I wanted to know whether MPG was going to fall off a cliff. With the traffic levels road standards etc & me being a duffer I couldn' t care less about remapping a car tbh.
Unfortunately the potential deal is dead in the water, Not sure if the Mods had an effect as i have a 210 Scirocco GT & my robbing insurance company wanted 85% of my current premium in addition to take me to my renewal in May

My previous 8P S3 was similar money to my Scirocco in premiums...........

As i said it wasn't a massive issue but the fact a friend of mine had an 8V Saloon remapped/decatted & has basically regretted it from day 1. I wanted to know whether MPG was going to fall off a cliff. With the traffic levels road standards etc & me being a duffer I couldn' t care less about remapping a car tbh.
Unfortunately the potential deal is dead in the water, Not sure if the Mods had an effect as i have a 210 Scirocco GT & my robbing insurance company wanted 85% of my current premium in addition to take me to my renewal in May

Shame that about the insurance, I've only had my S3 8P a couple of weeks but seems a great car. Managed to find a standard 42,000 mile example.

My MPG increased when I went 2+. I wasn’t having to change gears as much.

Reactions: millsy75

Hi,
If you ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

My MPG increased when I went 2+. I wasn’t having to change gears as much.
Shame that about the insurance, I've only had my S3 8P a couple of weeks but seems a great car. Managed to find a standard 42,000 mile example.
Hi,
Yes they are a great car. Really miss my 3dr FL I had to sell for medical reasons (I needed an Auto) I managed to get the insurance adjustment down £73 over the online quote. I did a online comparison today & what I found amusing was the auto generated value when I put the model & age of car in. Suffice to say where the Crazy market is at present the price of the car I was looking at was CONSIDERABLY more..........