2008 A4, no MOT history until 2017…

50Five

Reaction score
I came across an 2008 A4 (ASZ 3576) for sale on EBAY, I then ran it through the .gov website to check the MOT history, nothing until 2017. Can anyone please advise?

Thank you

Northern Ireland MOT tests don’t show on that website. You can email dva@doeni.gov.uk with the reg and VIN and they will provide it.

Northern Ireland MOT tests don’t show on that website. You can email dva@doeni.gov.uk with the reg and VIN and they will provide it.
Thanks Darren, appreciate your reply.

I’ve actually just an hour ago bought a car so the hunt is thankfully over…

Delighted with my purchase of a late 2011 A3 1.4 TFSi S-tronic Sport in Monza Silver with newly powder coated 17” black alloys (not sure of the name). Auto lights, start/stop, gear paddles, auto dimming rear mirror and a few other bits I can’t think of right now. I have a degenerative neck disease so not having to change gears all of the time town driving will be amazing, it drives so quietly and has more than enough punch when I need it. I have always got an S-line thinking it was the best option, not with potholes everywhere, this is noticeably a far less harsh of a ride.

It’s getting a full years MOT, a full service & valet for me to collect next week. It was right at the top of what to some is a small budget, so glad I pushed the ceiling money wise. I am this afternoon DELIGHTED!

Had to share guys, feels great!

Reactions: Sandra and Alistair D
We look forward to pics of your new car. Enjoy

We look forward to pics of your new car. Enjoy
Thanks Sandra. I’ll be sure to post photos as and when I eventually get it.
It is never straight forward, life, buying cars…you know! Anyway it seems I might have a slight problem I need to address, that’s after the time it is going to take to get my new V5C after putting my private plate (late fathers) on retention, wait 3-5 business days then take the new V5C to the scrapyard in exchange for a confirmation of destruction certificate. I have then to upload that to the government portal to receive my £2000 Low Emission Fund Grant for getting my 2006 2.0 TDi Avant off the road. Then I will have the final bit of cash to finalise my purchase. BUT, I have now another issue popped up for which I’ll open a new thread, I think it deserves its own title or I may find another thread that answers my question…