Help 2016 s3, does it have android auto?

Andy D

Reaction score
I'm looking for a bit of help.
Can anyone tell me if my 2016 S3 comes with android auto as standard?

I have plugged my huawei p20 Pro in via the USB in the centre armrest and I'm getting nothing other than my phone charging.

Not sure it makes any difference but has the bose speaker setup.

Hope someone can help as my daughter think it's hilarious that her 2016 corsa according to her is more up to date as hers has it

Think it was standard from 2017. Does the MMI have an option for “Audi smartphone interface”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it was standard from 2017. Does the MMI have an option for “Audi smartphone interface”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I haven't seen that. I was almost excited thinking it might work until I plugged in.
Oh well, back to having to change my amazon music via the phone.
Thanks for the info

Do you have 1 or 2 USB ports on the armrest?
If I remember right on the faceliftes cars 1 port was no android or CarPlay and 2 ports has it. There was a bit of spec change as previously you needed tech pack to have CarPlay or android then I think it was available in them all.

Iirc only the MIB 2 units have support for it. 2016 is the transition year, so I'm not sure if you have a facelifted model.
To check which unit you have, see the center console:
4 black buttons = MIB 1 (I've seen them on some 2016 facelift models as well, so I'm not sure if those are also MIB 1 with the low res display)
4 silver buttons = MIB 1 high (with high res display)
2 silver buttons = MIB 2
Now there are tons of MIB 2 variants made by different manufacturers, such as Harman, Delphi and Technisat, so I have actually no idea if they are all equal.

From what I've read, AA is wired, so you need to have the double USB ports in the center console area.
In case you want to retrofit it (with OEM parts), I believe you need to patch your MIB 2 unit.

There are relatively cheap AA/AC adapter/kits for MIB 1 and 2 systems available, such as this one. Do your research, as I've seen many webshops sell this particular unit at $350-$450 (see here).