Convenience control module swap help

848phantom

Reaction score
Hi I was hoping someone could help me with some information on the CCM.
My rear left reverse light is really dim and my fog light isn't lighting. Today I ran a jumper cable from the control unit to each pin on the light cluster but still no joy which makes me believe it's the CCM at fault as the voltages are all low at the light. If I get one from ebay as long as it has the matching numbers will it be a straight swap? Or if there is coding that needs done what will I need to do and can I do it with vcds.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210819_141501.jpg
    20210819_141501.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210819_141421.jpg
    20210819_141421.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
Is this a b8 or facelift b8.5?
Avant or saloon?
What led tails to you have led pre or post facelift?

Would be good to have your adaptation channel coding between channels 195 and 210.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Is this a b8 or facelift b8.5?
Avant or saloon?
What led tails to you have led pre or post facelift?

Would be good to have your adaptation channel coding between channels 195 and 210.

Sorry it's a b8 saloon pre facelift.
So note all the adaption channels between 195-210.
Any issues with key coding?

Is it these ones?
When you say key coding?

Usually with tail lights it's adaptation channel codes. Each code does a different light from the bcm wiring so would be good to check whats in those adaptation channels in case reverse lights is wrongly coded somehow.
Screenshot 20211102 180652

No mines the halogen bulbs. No I thought I had read somewhere that the key coding was controlled through the CCM too.

Sorry I get you now. First I am saying why not check your adaptations before looking to swap. It could just be a coding issue or a wiring issue.

If you look to swap same part for same part you'll need a full download of codings and adaptions from this old one to copy to the new one. Or ask Audi to code it matching your vin number so they put all the factory options back in again.

The CCM has one of the most codings on the car so it's a difficult job to match like for like to options on your car unless you know what you're doing.

Key coding is on there, lights, windows, and many more.

Sorry I get you now. First I am saying why not check your adaptations before looking to swap. It could just be a coding issue or a wiring issue.

If you look to swap same part for same part you'll need a full download of codings and adaptions from this old one to copy to the new one. Or ask Audi to code it matching your vin number so they put all the factory options back in again.

The CCM has one of the most codings on the car so it's a difficult job to match like for like to options on your car unless you know what you're doing.

Key coding is on there, lights, windows, and many more.

Thanks, sounds like this could be an absolute nightmare to swap over.
I'll ask Audi too to see what they say regarding this. Only other way I can see round this is turn off bulb monitoring and jump a live wire over to my tail light to get the car through mot

Sometimes the pins on the tail light plugs get corroded so you could check those. You can pop the pins out with a needle to release them and sand them off a bit if corroded.

Sometimes the pins on the tail light plugs get corroded so you could check those. You can pop the pins out with a needle to release them and sand them off a bit if corroded.

I put new clusters and pins in as they were all wrecked when I got the car. But the previous owner had wired all sorts of jumper wires so I think this and the water inside the tailgate has somehow caused the CCM to fault although no errors are showing on scan. When I tested it it was three volts getting down the lead that powers the tail/fog light bulb which is why it's barely glowing.