Fuse Replaced now car won't start

annaluba

Reaction score
Hi all!
My husband tried to fix my back windscreen wiper on my A3 and thought it could be the fuse. Whilst trying to replace, another fuse blew. Anyway, he replaced all necessary fuses, then when he went to start the car, it starts for about 2 seconds then cuts out!!
The dashboard does not come on, but I can hear the heater etc working! The car locks and unlocks...
What on earth is wrong with it? So day he was trying to sort with no luck. Anyone have any ideas for me please? Thanks sooo much

Sounds like he's messed with fuses for dash, immo isnt working as cluster is down.

Could callout to diagnose, whatsapp if needed.

Check the fuse responsible for 'fuel pump' in the manual , for intergrity - it may have melted/cracked

Even if the fuel pump fuse had blown, that doesn't stop the dash from lighting up I'm afraid & the car starts, but immo forces a shutdown, so pump is probably ok, although could be residual fuel in the lines, unlikely imho.

Hi all!
My husband tried to fix my back windscreen wiper on my A3 and thought it could be the fuse. Whilst trying to replace, another fuse blew. Anyway, he replaced all necessary fuses, then when he went to start the car, it starts for about 2 seconds then cuts out!!
The dashboard does not come on, but I can hear the heater etc working! The car locks and unlocks...
What on earth is wrong with it? So day he was trying to sort with no luck. Anyone have any ideas for me please? Thanks sooo much
Sounds like it could be immobiliser/dash related a scan would give you more info.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks all, sorry for delay in replying!
I've had 3 people look at car, the last one being an electrician. He's told me that the gateway control module is not working and needs to be replaced.... This makes sense?

Thanks all, sorry for delay in replying!
I've had 3 people look at car, the last one being an electrician. He's told me that the gateway control module is not working and needs to be replaced.... This makes sense?
He spent at least an hour and a half diagnosing, has ordered the part for me and will come and do it all on Monday for £200!! I am relieved! Lol

Reactions: MPH