Backup camera cable open circuit

FPSUsername

B.Eng. EE
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently aquired a 2014 A3 3x S-Line limousine/saloon/sedan with many options, of which for this topic, these might be relevant:
MIB 1 High system
Parking sensors front + rear
Rear camera (I assume the high module, didn't cross check the part number)

The dealer I got the car from did say that the camera didn't work and he said that the official Audi dealer said that the camera itself must be replaced.

The VCDS error is as following:
Code:
Address 6C: Back-up Cam.       Labels: 5Q0-907-441.clb
Control Module Part Number: 5Q0 907 441 A    HW: 5Q0 907 441 A
  Component and/or Version: MQB RVC Mid   H07 0140
           Software Coding: 027300010301000700
            Work Shop Code: WSC 06385 790 00016
              ASAM Dataset: EV_2CamSysRearPASE 006016 (AU37)
                       ROD: EV_2CamSysRearPASE.rod
                      VCID: 306FA5C76B235A09F2-8064
1 Fault Found:

9661203 - Cable for Video Signal from Rear View Camera
          B136B 13 [009] - Open Circuit
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 118
                    Mileage: 178769 km
                    Date: 2021.11.01
                    Time: 12:08:21

passive

On the display I can still use the parking sensor view, but when I press the bottom left quadrant of the silver buttons to open the camera view, it does nothing (as expected).
How can I best tackle the situation? Any easy access to the wiring from start to end to measure continuity with a multimeter?

Check for broken wires at the bit where the hinges are around the boot lid. It’s a common problem. The wires break from opening and closing the boot

Check for broken wires at the bit where the hinges are around the boot lid. It’s a common problem. The wires break from opening and closing the boot
That's why I want to do a continuity test. Sometimes it's not visible if a wire is actually broken.

A part number of the cam cable assembly (rear section?) would be nice, but I could also replace a wire myself in case it's super expensive.
Currently browsing Kufatec's website for wiring on heated seats, but I came across this, I bet it's one of those then. Not bad if I can find the correct one for cheap.

I would take the cover off at the hinge and check the for breaks, rewiring the loom would be a pain as trims/carpet and stuff needs to come out. You can take the boot trim off as well and see what colour the camera cables are.
there’s a few threads on here showing where to look

Reactions: FPSUsername