Airbag cable

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a used steering wheel for my a3 8p facelift and unfortunately the used one steering wheel is for a4 b8! My problem is that all the buttons as well as paddles shifters is not working! Soy you know what re pin do I have to do in order to make them work?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A310F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

No one is willing to help???

Did you have MFSW on the old steering wheel?
I didn’t and had to change the airbag cable to the one that has the extra pins for the MFSW buttons and swap the steering wheel control module as well. And coding.
If you already have MFSW and just bought a new steering wheel for any reason, check if you can remove the MFSW buttons from the wheel. Then you can use your old buttons.
That is what I did. Only bought the buttons and removed the silver caps that my original steering wheel had.

Thank you for your reply, my original steering wheel didn't has mfsw! I added as I bought a used one also I bought a new updated steering wheel controller which supports cruise control as well as mfsw

Did you have paddle shifters on your original steering wheel?
If not then you for sure need a air back cable where the MFSW also connect.

No, my original steering wheel was just plain! Without f1 paddles without mfsw

This is the cable I bought new from my local dealer for 50€ iirc.
8P0971589AD
Not sure if it is the same for your case since you have the paddles and it is from A4 B8.

Reactions: Mich Karagiannis
This is the cable I bought new from my local dealer for 50€ iirc.
8P0971589AD
Not sure if it is the same for your case since you have the paddles and it is from A4 B8.
Well I mean cheers George

I'll take a look. Cheers Costas

George I saw that before this web site. My harmness has already occupied the pin 7 and 8. Shall I spliced them pin 1 to 7 and pin 2 to 8?