Steel Grey Anyone?

Fred9193

Reaction score
Has anyone got / seen the steel grey interior? Any photos or links to posts would be appreciated.

What are people's opinion on the lighter interior?

Has anyone got / seen the steel grey interior? Any photos or links to posts would be appreciated.

This one on autotrader has the light interior. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111049226532?atmobcid=soc3

To my understanding it's the seats, armrest and part of the door cards.

It doesn't look like many spec the option, I debated long and hard over it, but went for the dark trim in the end. It feels sportier to me. I also thought the lighter seats would show marks more than the dark

Reactions: Fred9193 and Maddave
I have the rock grey seats and stitching. They don’t come across as very ‘light’ at all in most lighting situations. I guess the black headlining doesn’t help.

Thanks for sharing that, @MA3RC.

I've gone for the steel grey interior myself, mainly because I'm a fan of lighter coloured seats. @Scott Nevett, do you know if steel grey is different to rock grey, or just the new name for the colour?

From those pictures, I'm not expecting it up lighten up the cabin but does provide a nice contrast rather than all black.

Reactions: MA3RC
Not so obviously brighter than the dark interior. My old Volvo V40 was white and beige interior, and headlining white too. So to me Steel grey is quite dark anyway to me. But it kinda lightens up the interior a bit considering the headlining is dark as well. Although I have the 'sport' seats and not 'S line' seats, I didn't find the steel grey to be 'as bright' as in the pictures on Auto Trader above in most circumstances. In some markets there's even a beige colour interior, which I think along with the arm rests on doors, is a big and strange contrast.

Thanks for sharing that, @MA3RC.

I've gone for the steel grey interior myself, mainly because I'm a fan of lighter coloured seats. @Scott Nevett, do you know if steel grey is different to rock grey, or just the new name for the colour?

From those pictures, I'm not expecting it up lighten up the cabin but does provide a nice contrast rather than all black.
Sorry. I was mistaken. Just checked my spec my seats are actually ‘Steel Grey’. I personally prefer the slightly lighter effect compared to black interiors I have seen in person.

Reactions: Fred9193
I quite like that interior but I don't think it suits the external colour. I'd only have that lighter interior on a dark exterior as a contrast. I think it would look good with Navarra Blue or Mythos Black, for example.
Agreed there. I actually changed my exterior colour choice to Daytona Grey when I selected the Steel Grey interior.

I haven't seen photos of this combo, except for the configurator. Not long to wait and see...

We're so spoiled for choices - could have any colour as long as it's 'grey'.
(Mine is rock grey by the way)

I actually like the tone of them particularly as the Daytona colour and dark interior bring a lighter touch

Attachments

• ABE3FE74-56B2-4BB1-869F-EDA31DFE1A95.jpeg
    ABE3FE74-56B2-4BB1-869F-EDA31DFE1A95.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 199