audi a5 8f cabrio - retrofitted leather seats with full electric

saj1011

Reaction score
Hello...
long story short, a5 2016 b8/8f cabrio, 3g low mmi, and i just retrofitted leather seats to fully electric (old seats only heated).
i understand from watching many youtube videos that "hopefully" i can activate the electric seats via the hidden green screen.
however i cannot get the green screen to appear.
my audi is a german spec in germany.
i am wondering if the green screen is blocked in germany or is there a different button combo?
i tried all the manual combinations advised online so far with no luck, like holding car ad setup buttons for 6 seconds etc.
anybody know how to unlock this screen in germany?
software hack only via script or this vcds?
any good script links?
also, can a micro sd card work with an adpater to install script?

all the plastic interfaces (green,red and black) fit perfectly into the slots, except the yellow airbag one, which i will change later.
assuming the interface swap should be easy enough also! same wires, just different plugs.
former seats had heated also.

also, the 3g mmi is rubbish, needs totally changed or upgraded, any links for this welcome. can i go 3g to 3+?

also, i assume and hope i can get the seats to work!
my old seats, are the original newer seats vs older leather seats from non-facelft model, but mint condition.
thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-15 at 17.16.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-15 at 17.16.16.jpeg
    388.1 KB · Views: 88
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-11-15 at 17.16.15 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-15 at 17.16.15 (1).jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 76
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-11-15 at 17.16.15.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-15 at 17.16.15.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 98
Depends which seats they are, any pics of the underneath of both new seats,

Just to note, you should not fit fully electric in place of just previous electric lumbar as the load is more, wiring isnt man enough & will blow fuses.

It needs upgrading, changing to cater for all.

Depends which seats they are, any pics of the underneath of both new seats,

Just to note, you should not fit fully electric in place of just previous electric lumbar as the load is more, wiring isnt man enough & will blow fuses.

It needs upgrading, changing to cater for
hi, thanks, replace what exactly? the plastic sockets on the car floor? is that were the fuses are? thanks!

Last edited: