Audi A4 Avant B9 - Euro headlights

tlith

Reaction score
Hi,
My first post here, bit of a lurker, but received a lot of useful tidbits of info through the various posts here. I am now after something a bit more specific, hoping someone can help. I am the proud owner of an 2016 Audi Avant (B9). After a decade in the UK, the family and I have decided it's time to move back to mainland Europe, France to be specific, where my wife is from. For several reasons, we'd like to take our car with us and register it over there. This will require the taillights to be switched (fog light is on the "wrong" side according to the French), and the headlight beam pattern need to be adjusted. I am comfortable with changing the taillights and crossing the wires over, however, I am unsure what the best way would be to change the headlight beam pattern, and Audi UK and the dealership have been rather unhelpful. They are bog standard Xenon (I believe, not LED matrix at least) lights with a flat beam pattern. Will this just require lowering one side and raising the other side? That sounds too good to be true. Does this need to be coded? Do I need to get Euro versions of the headlights, and if yes, would this be essentially plug and play, apart from the normal calibration procedures?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Usually if its an elongated stay, fit euro versions, I'd need to check etka, but certain led lights can be swapped to euro via coding as built for both sides, but xenons usually are sided.

Lowering beam isn't practical for you imho as its only a temporary solution & you're going to live there.

Usually if its an elongated stay, fit euro versions, I'd need to check etka, but certain led lights can be swapped to euro via coding as built for both sides, but xenons usually are sided.

Lowering beam isn't practical for you imho as its only a temporary solution & you're going to live there.
Yeah, I figured the most likely solution was fitting Euro version. Is this likely to be plug and play, or will it require rewiring and/or coding?

It should be pnp as same headlight, just the internal angles etc will be different.

Subject to checking any wiring schematics for differences, but I can't see the need atm.

Make sure you confirm part numbers correctly as its minefield at times.

Reactions: tlith