RS3 Sports Exhaust

penkyj

Reaction score
Hi
I've owned a 2018 (67) RS3 saloon since June (my dream car). It was sold as having a sports exhaust (black tips) and it developed the infamous exhaust flap squeak pretty much straight away. To cut a long story short, the Audi main dealer I bought it from agreed to replace the sports exhaust but has taken a long time to get sorted. I got it back last week with said sports exhaust replaced and it's so much quieter than it was! I mean considerably so. It's really disappointing. I'm hoping you knowledgable lot can shed some light on why? I'm now thinking maybe it had an after market set up beforehand! TIA

Hi
I've owned a 2018 (67) RS3 saloon since June (my dream car). It was sold as having a sports exhaust (black tips) and it developed the infamous exhaust flap squeak pretty much straight away. To cut a long story short, the Audi main dealer I bought it from agreed to replace the sports exhaust but has taken a long time to get sorted. I got it back last week with said sports exhaust replaced and it's so much quieter than it was! I mean considerably so. It's really disappointing. I'm hoping you knowledgable lot can shed some light on why? I'm now thinking maybe it had an after market set up beforehand! TIA
The sports exhaust is pretty good and with valves open a lot of owners prefer the sound. It doesn’t surprise me it is quieter. A while ago I read some countries in Europe are only allowing replacement exhausts that meet the newer standards. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Audi abided by that in general to keep it simple, especially with the lack of money due to all the R&D for electric models.