Does my car have a clutch delay valve ?

Audicfc

Reaction score
Does anyone know if my 2014 a3 1.8tsfi manual has a clutch delay valve ? I feel like the clutch doesn’t return back quick enough by the time i’m back on the accelerator and ready to change gear again and this causes a slight jerk forward, it’s like it doesn’t want me to go through the gears quick which is annoying as my last 2011 a3 1.4 tsfi never had this problem although the biting point was much higher and clutch felt lighter on the 2011 1.4 a3

is there anything i can do to make the clutch return quicker ? Only thing i’ve seen on golf mk7 forums is remove the clutch delay valve but not sure is this is my a3 aswell

Based on the info it sounds more like a failing clutch slave/master cylinder

Last edited:
It only really happens in the lower gears usually changing between 1st-4th, changing from 4th-5th-6th all seem smooth but could also because i don’t try fast gear changes with the higher gears

i also feel it doesn’t happen as much if i change gear higher in the rev range, it’s just like the clutch is just holding there for 1 second too long for me to drive as smoothly as i would like, the 2015 VW diesel van i drive at work is much easier to work through the gears smoothly and that has about 130k miles on it compared to my a3 with 47k, but clutch has felt the same since i got my a3 2 years ago with 30k miles on it so just though thats just the way it was meant to be even though i don’t enjoy driving it because of the clutch