S/S3 badge in the steering wheel

cactusgreen

Reaction score
Website
www.thedomesticovencleaner.co.uk
2019 S3 and its bugging me that the steering wheel has a regular S line badge and not an S3 one (Audi penny pinching all the S bits you used to gave) Are they like older generations in that it's a silly price badge that pings out? It's just the little obling one not the one in the plastic surround piece

£30-40 for those badges iirc & fun getting out too.

Reactions: cactusgreen
I replaced mine in my facelift as it annoyed me too. The badge was a bit cheaper than what was quoted above and I got it from the dealer. The prices on eBay etc are way over inflated. The badge is just the 8V pre facelift version. Be careful not to damage the leather when prising out the old badge. Try using something non-metal or blunt. I used an old butter spreader.

Reactions: cactusgreen
Yup, came out nice and easy.....only it has two securing clip parts, no centre pin that all the 8v badges have and no room for one in the wheel without drilling a hole....8p ones visually look the same, just hope size hasn't altered as they are silly money

I lightly filed the rear of my PFL 8V badge so it was smooth, and used a small blob of super glue gel. The badge is nice and firm and if needed I’m sure it could be prised out again. It’s lasted over two years already.

I didn’t think to use the 8P version. Keep us posted as that sounds like it might ‘plug and play.’

Looks like there simply is no S3 badge option for a '19 wheel....I'm wondering if I'd have been better off buying the sticker for £4 now lol, as I'm looking at cutting all the back off to get a flush fit. Penny pinching to the max Audi, shame on you!