Engine cutting out?

Blueshoes981

Reaction score
I’ve had my 2016(66) FL S3 for a few weeks now, all is going well, except I accelerated off a roundabout today and it felt like the car just completely cut all power for a couple of seconds.
Throttle was wide open and it was about to hit the limiter and change from 2nd to 3rd (I was in manual on dsg) and it felt like the car just cut all power to the engine, nearly threw me through the windscreen because of the deceleration, a bit like your first time left foot braking!

Felt similar to my mk7 fiesta st that would cut power when you hit the rev limiter rather than just bounce off the limiter, but going from 2nd to 3rd in a dsg I don’t understand how or why that would be the case?

my only thought was that maybe the wheels started to slip and the car over revved so it just cut power, but I couldn’t feel any wheel spin. TC was off and the road was a bit greasy so wheels could’ve easily spun a bit, just didn’t feel anything.

drove fine after, went through the gears up and down and no problems at all, or horrible smells or sounds, but worried it could be a sign of something starting to go wrong?

hopefully just a hiccup…

I’ve had my 2016(66) FL S3 for a few weeks now, all is going well, except I accelerated off a roundabout today and it felt like the car just completely cut all power for a couple of seconds.
Throttle was wide open and it was about to hit the limiter and change from 2nd to 3rd (I was in manual on dsg) and it felt like the car just cut all power to the engine, nearly threw me through the windscreen because of the deceleration, a bit like your first time left foot braking!

Felt similar to my mk7 fiesta st that would cut power when you hit the rev limiter rather than just bounce off the limiter, but going from 2nd to 3rd in a dsg I don’t understand how or why that would be the case?

my only thought was that maybe the wheels started to slip and the car over revved so it just cut power, but I couldn’t feel any wheel spin. TC was off and the road was a bit greasy so wheels could’ve easily spun a bit, just didn’t feel anything.

drove fine after, went through the gears up and down and no problems at all, or horrible smells or sounds, but worried it could be a sign of something starting to go wrong?

hopefully just a hiccup…
I have seen from another Audi owner with

hopefully just a hiccup…
I've seen another Audi owner with problem car starts idles then eventually cuts out.... He found that beside the battery there is a little black box it had a bolt loose and he tightened it up and to his surprise it fixed the problem after checking every other possibilities , hope this may help you