Engine mounts while big suspension overhaul?

JeffY

Reaction score
I‘m having a big suspension overhaul done on my A3 2.0T Quattro, (struts, spprings, control arms, wheel hubs etc). The car is 2006 and has done 95k miles. I’m wondering about getting the engine mounts replaced, there is no indication they are shot but does it makes sense to do it at same time? Any thoughts.? Thanks.

06, if original parts still fitted, do mounts, dog bone, subframe inserts top & bottom.

If money isnt the issue.

06, if original parts still fitted, do mounts, dog bone, subframe inserts top & bottom.

If money isnt the issue.
Sorry do you mean replace the dog bone itself or add aftermarket dogbone subframe inserts or both. I tried looking it up and most people seem to go for the Powerflex insert which can be easily done at any time.

Thanks,

Jeff

Urm no, the dogbone is simple enough, but this connects to the sub upper & lower bushes which arent that simple at all.

Powerflex are imho a bit too hard, but do the r&d to decide.

Urm no, the dogbone is simple enough, but this connects to the sub upper & lower bushes which arent that simple at all.

Powerflex are imho a bit too hard, but do the r&d to decide.
Thanks, I think I understand, are the dog bone and lower and upper bushes worth doing even if I stay OEM?
thanks again.

On an 06 car, yes, they can split in parts & tbh if you're doing all that, it would be silly not to do them also.

I have spoken to the garage and opted replace dog bone and subframe bushes with new OEM and do upper engine mounts another time, thanks a lot for your help.

I honestly dont understand why you wouldn't do the box & engine mount also, makes no sense.

They will get done in the next 12 months or so, its just a different part of the car that is being worked on and I’m looking to spread the work over time.