Yellow battery light but look

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Car was acting funny this morning, it started with a yellow battery light so restarted it and no battery light. Then when driving it came back on so parked up and turn the car off and then completely dead. Anyway put a charger in it and noticed this.

Whats the cause ? Think I'm lucky there was a fire...very odd. I know someone that had a fire start on an S3 8l from this location.

Merry Christmas everyone

Attachments

• 20211225_120903.jpg
    20211225_120903.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 135
  • 20211225_120907.jpg
    20211225_120907.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 94
Car was acting funny this morning, it started with a yellow battery light so restarted it and no battery light. Then when driving it came back on so parked up and turn the car off and then completely dead. Anyway put a charger in it and noticed this.

Whats the cause ? Think I'm lucky there was a fire...very odd. I know someone that had a fire start on an S3 8l from this location.

Merry Christmas everyone
Merry Christmas take a look at this for some information https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/what-can-cause-fuse-bracket-at-battery-to-blow.3505027/

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Had a read of that...could be a variety of problems so not what the next step is....worried it might catch on fire

Had a read of that...could be a variety of problems so not what the next step is....worried it might catch on fire
I would say short to earth somewhere probably won't catch on fire new fuse box to start scan if you have the availability to do so.

The 150 amp is for the alternator do you have availability to scan for a diagnostic fault read out?

Yes I do, I'll run that now

Reactions: MPH
No its unlikely its that, I've ordered a replacement terminal tray and will replace the 150a fuse and see what happens in the meantime.

I also run a solar charger as the car doesn't get much use, its constantly plugged in but through the odb port...its trickle

Been doing a bit of reading and it seems you shouldn't have a solar charger plugged in while the car is a actually running. This could be my problem.

Been doing a bit of reading and it seems you shouldn't have a solar charger plugged in while the car is a actually running. This could be my problem.
I would tend to agree on that one very possible that is your short/fault hook up the knew fuse box and 150amp fuse and let me know how you get on good luck

Reactions: mattyboy199
So moral of the story...do not have a solar charger plugged in when the car is running. Its seems to confuse the car and eventually a fuse will blow possibly even more severe damage.

Reactions: MPH