A3 8v 2017 5door sportback rear seat belt removal

Silver bullet 2

Reaction score
Hi everyone hopefully everones holidays are going as planned.
Got my mot looming around the corner had a recovery service cut my 1 rear right seat belt,apparently to secure the rear door as it wasn't shutting properly had all boot tyre and tools stolen too just left me with a dirty old jack which was not my original.
Can anyone point me to some diagrams if possible as I'm attempting a replacement next few hours.
I have the correct tools just looking for some help please.
Youtube has a similar diy fix but it's on an 8p 3door,been watching videos past few weeks but non of my a3 8v mk3 vehicle.
Thank you any advice would be helpful.

Rear side boot trims provably need removing, its not fun doing these, then of course you need to attach bottom anchor, its usually the trim removal & refit that causes most hassle, just take your time as cold plastic can crack easier, maybe warm up the cabin beforehand as may help with trim work.

Reactions: dantdi
Rear side boot trims provably need removing, its not fun doing these, then of course you need to attach bottom anchor, its usually the trim removal & refit that causes most hassle, just take your time as cold plastic can crack easier, maybe warm up the cabin beforehand as may help with trim work.
Hey thanks for the advice NHN.
Got to admit does look like plastic trim around the back rear could snap as it looks flimsy and cheap plastic plus I don't know where it clips into lol
Made the same mistake with my 225 bam 3door s3 think it was the alarm battery thingy in the tail light recess.
Yes that's a great idea to to warm the cabin before removal a little flex would help with things not cracking