P2015 Error Code \ CEL light

apache24uk

Reaction score
Recently the CEL (check engine light) came on and wouldn't go away. I scanned it with Carista and got the following error:

P2015 - Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1

A quick google search brought up stories of intake manifold problems or swirl flap issues and I started to panic as it would cost me £££ to fix at the garage :crying:

Whilst down the rabbit hole of google and you tube searches. I can't remember where but I came across a post which said to buy a small bracket to mount onto the manifold linkage arms. Another quick amazon search and I found this:

Amazon product

For less than a tenner I thought it was worth a try. It's basically a physical stop that makes sure the arms don't over rotate.

Once delivered it took no more that 10 minutes to fit. Turned car on and off a few times and the CEL disappeared, happy days :yahoo:. Cleared the fault on carista, ran another scan and got no errors.

That was 6 weeks ago and still no CEL, so I hope it just stays like that.

Reactions: EXSpartan36
Common fix, although the little spring is a pain at times & even worse if you drop it.