S3 - Cracked Headlights

JanekK

Reaction score
I recently noticed that my left headlight is fogging up way too much. Upon closer inspection i noticed that it's cracked.
I've had the car (since new) for around 10 months, did 15kkm, no collisions, no accidents, no offroading/"rallying", no damage anywhere on the car really. And I can't imagine how such crack could've been caused by some "third party", there's no sigh of a stone chip etc..
What's worse - today i noticed that the right one is starting to crack at the exact same spot.
Not sure what to think of it.. In my mind those are either some extremely fragile headlights or they've been attached in some badly engineered way and they have to deal with various forces going through the chassis/body or sth. I'm scheduled at Audi for an inspection to determine whether they could be replaced under warranty, but I'm sure they'll do all they can not to..
Has anybody noticed anything like that in their 8Y ?
IMG 20220109 114555
IMG 20220109 114622
IMG 20220109 114656

Its a manufacturer defect, 8P bixenons 09 onwards had the exact defect & we ordered 10 sets, all the same, thankfully no leaks thus far, but its pretty bad qc.

You have a cause to get changed out under warranty.

Had this in my Seat Leon (but rear lights) due to screw being overtightened at factory). Maybe it's a VAG quirk...

The cracks are occurring right on the plastic bend... definitely a manufacturing defect I'd say.