Choose wheel colour for Nano gray A3

Allan_84

Reaction score
Hi all good people
What colour wheels would look best on a Nano gray A3 Sportback?
PXL 20220112 092402640

I'm looking at the MAM RS3 in either silver or palladium
Mam rs sp
Mam rs pp

Have tried searching for pictures on Google and on this forum if a can find Nano Gray Audis with palladium gray wheels but not easy to find good pictures.
Any of you have similar colours or how did you choose the colour?
Thanks for this nice forum

Simple you need gray (gunmetal) audi s3 alloys :)

Reactions: Garrett 69
I have these wheels but I am thinking to change them to 19” x 8.0J ‘5-arm trapezoid’ design alloy wheels in titanium matt grey, diamond cut finish
But in silver (below) looks amazing too

Attachments

• alloys.jpg
    alloys.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 79
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Why it would be harsher?

I’ve just always heard bigger wheels = harsher ride. S-line suspension is already kinda brutal when I get on some rural bumpy roads.

Got me doubting myself so had a read and found these threads:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just always heard bigger wheels = harsher ride. S-line suspension is already kinda brutal when I get on some rural bumpy roads.

There is no difference or minimal difference btw 18 and 19 when it comes to bad roads.. You still will get a hit.. owners with 20" and up wheels surviving :D
Don get too skinny tyres and u will be fine min 35 profile I have

19" are way harsher on standard S-Line suspension.

If you check out my thread when I moved to 19's without Magneride, I then had to install softer suspension (Koni Special Actives) to manage the additional harshness. Every time I saw a time little ripple in the road, I winced ready for the back break jarring. Evidently, I still wasn't happy and went back to 18's, which I have kept since. The combo of the Koni's, Eibach Pro's and 18's is a dream.

The 19's looked better, and handled better, but were slower to accelerate and for ride comfort and a more assuring ride, the 18's where far better. The difference between an inch less metal and an inch more rubber is quite surreal. I honestly didn't think moving to 19's was going to be as different as it was in ride quality. There is a reason why Audi didn't offer the A3 with 19's without Magneride in the UK.

The wheels in the photo look like 19's and on a small drop in ride height on the first car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karlos_
I have A3 sport so I have softer suspension but of course when there is pot hole it is a bang, for all cars perhaps except tractors haha :D
I have 245 wide tyres and 35 profile all round so profile is thicker compare to standard 225 or 235.
But I don't complain I don't have problems.. Always is best to try and drive and see what is best for you .
Yeah back in day, 19s were only for S3 saloon, audi now offering wide range of wheels for A3 sportback too, for Y8 of course :)