audi a3 8l 1.8 auto non turbo

chipuk

Reaction score
hi guys need some help -
changing the master cylinder as i got a slight leak -

ive moved asmuch as i can about to get some space - i thought the two nuts to the servo was hard access!

i cant get proper access to the two brake lines - what size should they be- can you do it with normal spanners of do you need stubby ones or brake spanners?

any help or tips much appreciated

hi guys need some help -

ive moved asmuch as i can about to get some space - i thought the two nuts to the servo was hard access!

i cant get proper access to the two brake lines - what size should they be- can you do it with normal spanners of do you need stubby ones or brake spanners?

Brake Lines should be 11mm master to servo 13mm

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

hi guys need some help -

https://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a..._servo/brake_servo/brake_master_cylinder_rhd/ https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a3+s3+sportb+lim+qu/a3/1997-201/6/611-611010/ these links should assist you

Thanks MPH you always seem to come to my rescue!

with my big fat fingers managed to get the flare nuts off took about an hour

part number is 311967

should i rebuild with a kit or is it better to replace do you think ?

Reactions: MPH
or is there an alternative part number as i seem to be struggling for a repair kit

or is there an alternative part number as i seem to be struggling for a repair kit
If the general condition is good refurb pretty straightforward or buy knew the decision is entirely yours I will check on part numbers etc and get back to you.

heya

no the master cylinder part i took off was bosch 311967 and trying to find a rebuild kit or reasonable priced new one but most of the part numbers were showing this one for my model no 1J2 614 019 and im unsure if thats the right part

heya

no the master cylinder part i took off was bosch 311967 and trying to find a rebuild kit or reasonable priced new one but most of the part numbers were showing this one for my model no 1J2 614 019 and im unsure if thats the right part
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-02...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0 looks like this one will do the job compare part number Bosch 0204123339 it could be a super seeded part.

Last edited:
thanks MPH order new part and finally got it swapped out today, absoutely no room in there, and broke one of the breather lines to the charcol filter,
next stop tomorrow bleed the brakes

thanks MPH order new part and finally got it swapped out today, absoutely no room in there, and broke one of the breather lines to the charcol filter,
next stop tomorrow bleed the brakes
Well done mate definitely tight in that area,line is easily fixed with some silicon hose sizes like for like so no problem there! Good luck with the bleeding.

Reactions: chipuk
Never ending it seems
Having bleeding problems
Started at osr nsr osf nsf
Pedal still keeps going to the floor

can’t see any fluid leaks

I took the bleed nipples off wrapped a bit of ptfe round

used a suction bleeder no bubbles
Must have put 2 litres through

any help gratefully received

put it on vcds no problems

Never ending it seems
Having bleeding problems
Started at osr nsr osf nsf
Pedal still keeps going to the floor

can’t see any fluid leaks

I took the bleed nipples off wrapped a bit of ptfe round

used a suction bleeder no bubbles
Must have put 2 litres through

any help gratefully received

put it on vcds no problems
Have you bled it via vcds? I had to after abs module repair also you need to bleed clutch nipple on top of gearbox.

No I did t see an option on vcds
I’ll look on wiki for it unless you remember what menu it was under

It’s an auto

Last edited:
thanks for the link will have a read

its an auto no clutch nipple