Hold assist

db23

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with there parking brake sticking randomly at lights? It’s happened a few times now and worried incase someone is going to come into the back of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most annoyijg optionnsonfar
I haven’t had any problems with it failing to release, but I have found that the release isn’t as smooth as I would like if I pull away too quickly whilst leaving it to auto-release. I have found this feature is less of an issue if I touch and release the accelerator momentarily before I want to move off, to give the car time to fully release the parking- brake before I pull away.

Anyone having issues with there parking brake sticking randomly at lights? It’s happened a few times now and worried incase someone is going to come into the back of me

Happened a couple of times to me a few months back but not for a long time now.

I haven’t had any problems with it failing to release, but I have found that the release isn’t as smooth as I would like if I pull away too quickly whilst leaving it to auto-release. I have found this feature is less of an issue if I touch and release the accelerator momentarily before I want to move off, to give the car time to fully release the parking- brake before I pull away.

Try a double tap of the accelerator, once to start the hold release and the second to apply power. On the 8V makes the release and pull-away nice and smooth.

Reactions: db23 and AdamInKent