8vS3 w/APR1ECU&TCU UbeRocket 2Jz? LS? Rotery? AWD considerations. Lowering and raising seasonally and best options for that.

BendOR8VS3

Reaction score
Hi there long time passive info leech, first time attempt to actively and directly leech some good info. I promise to contribute by documenting it all here.
We’re it not for a devastating(emotionally and with regards to my TDI Touareg) wreck , I’d be a Subaru WRX driver but a little good luck has allowed me to spend the last 18 months driving for Uber full time in an 8v S3 with an APR stage one tune on the motor and gear box. I bought this finely engineered and built masterpiece the last week of November in 2020 at which time she had 41k mi on her and was bone stock. She came stock with the dual clutch Audi DSG, the magnetic variable suspension, attaching window sticker also. I had the guys here in Bend, OR at Matrix Integrated upload the tune, and although I did find disappointing the 8vS3s lack of any kind of user manageability or configurability with regards to APR, the tune is so solid and the car so good it is rarely something I even think about and since I picked her up in Portland back end of 2020 she’s been my work horse and tuned to its current level within 10k miles of buying the car and now having had the car almost 15 months, the odometer reads 120,000+. Changed oil every 5k without fail and just plain treated the car like it’s my prized possession (cause it is) and like my livelyhood depends on it (which now especially with th extra 50k mi I bought on the service contract well in the rear view, it absolutely does!) and it’s been like a dream.
I was hoping that since Matrix has been great they are beginning to act like I am less than worthy of their utmost attention and respect because I drive a car that would usually be beyond my means to afford, and since I absolutely am doing exactly that I was considering trying to swap the engine myself when the time comes hopefully with well over 200k on the 2.0T TFWI, but who knows, I want to know what I am going to go with for performance reliability and cost all being number one on my list of must haves. I want to retain the suspension, awd system, gear box and exaust and electronics as much as possible but I want to find out how much of each is possible and what if anything is either cost prohibitive or just simply impossible. I am not an experienced mechanic but I am a smart guy and I am gonna be a lot better mechanic after this project than I was before it, that I can say for certain.

Attachments

• 631D8188-5557-4803-AF8F-B752475381FE.jpeg
    631D8188-5557-4803-AF8F-B752475381FE.jpeg
    730.6 KB · Views: 59
  • ACC047AD-FA60-4338-9481-4D004751A255.jpeg
    ACC047AD-FA60-4338-9481-4D004751A255.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
Have to say I don't entirely follow and understand the question(s).

Reactions: nothingness