Electric windows / mirrors not working - but locks/unlocks

Andyrew_88

Reaction score
Hi, after some help please... here's the story so far

• Door cards/window regulators been removed for sometime while paint work carried out.
  • Battery died while they were removed
  • Replaced with new battery
  • Refitted door cars / window regulators
  • Now no electric windows or mirrors functioning, locks do work.

No visible signs of damaged wires between door and the body
All connections fitted
Checked fuses also
Also long hold on unlock / lock on the keyfob doesn't put windows up or down

Noticed when turned ignition on lots of bulb faults coming up even though headlights, rear lights all fitted again and working. Does it need a scan and faults deleted to clear this on vagcom?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks, andy

Firstly its worth having car scanned as this will give u a starting point and then u can update ur post and hopefully people will be able to help u out more .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Firstly its worth having car scanned as this will give u a starting point and then u can update ur post and hopefully people will be able to help u out more .

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Cleared all the codes this evening. Re-scanned again and now getting;

00120 outside warning light/door exit light drivers door
00121 outside warning light/door exit light passenger door
00943 heated exterior mirror driver side

Windows have now decided if you hold open / close on the key fob they will go up or down. However the window switch in the car does nothing still.

Also door lock/unlock button in car does nothing but again the key works and locks unlocks.
Electric mirror switch does nothing but using diagnostics you can get them to move.

Where should I be looking now?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Windows have now decided if you hold open / close on the key fob they will go up or down. However the window switch in the car does nothing still.

Also door lock/unlock button in car does nothing but again the key works and locks unlocks.
Electric mirror switch does nothing but using diagnostics you can get them to move.

Thanks
Firstly are the doorcard warning lights coded correctly , 2nd take mirror glass out see if ur connector is connected correctly and no fault with wiring ,
3rd , again check all connectors in doorcard are seated plus i am assuming you have the correct wiring harness fitted to both doors

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
Try this
6b1e1058d97aecc504bcf59615dd09be.jpg

Firstly are the doorcard warning lights coded correctly , 2nd take mirror glass out see if ur connector is connected correctly and no fault with wiring ,
3rd , again check all connectors in doorcard are seated plus i am assuming you have the correct wiring harness fitted to both doors

Would the coding change when putting the same doors/equipment back on? Everything is as it was, basically the doors have been taken off and then put them back on again. No new parts or loom etc.

what should the coding be?
Thanks again

Try this
6b1e1058d97aecc504bcf59615dd09be.jpg

Will this work using the key fob to do it as the drivers switch / passenger switch isn’t working? Can get the windows to go up and down using snap on diagnostics or using key fob but not the window switches inside the car. Thanks

Will this work using the key fob to do it as the drivers switch / passenger switch isn’t working? Can get the windows to go up and down using snap on diagnostics or using key fob but not the window switches inside the car. Thanks
It maybe be u have faulty window switches but if they all worked before u did any work on door i honestly wouldn't have a clue whats went wrong . Try changing code on module but always write down the code before u change it

Between the drivers door and the door jamb, the loom passes into the car body.
Pull the rubber cover back and check that you don’t have any broken wires. It’s common for a wire to break and impact the door locks, windows (any window) or the mirrors.

Attachments

• 4D88EBA1-F6E8-48C7-9EB4-D9058B3F7C04.jpeg
    4D88EBA1-F6E8-48C7-9EB4-D9058B3F7C04.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: ch1z64
It maybe be u have faulty window switches but if they all worked before u did any work on door i honestly wouldn't have a clue whats went wrong . Try changing code on module but always write down the code before u change it

Between the drivers door and the door jamb, the loom passes into the car body.
Pull the rubber cover back and check that you don’t have any broken wires. It’s common for a wire to break and impact the door locks, windows (any window) or the mirrors.

Update. Altered and checked some coding, no difference. Passenger side output tests all work except puddle lights don't work. Drivers side outputs work except puddle light and the window won't go up.

So I took the door off last night. Laid it on a bench and inspected the wires. The orange wire with the brown tracer has a nick in it, not right the way through but at least half way through. What does the small orange with brown tracer do? Checked continuity between all the others wires from the door plug connector to the motor etc and all was good. No visible breakages either.

So I couldn't get the window to go up last night using the key fob or with vagcom however it worked the previous night after removing the motor, pulling the glass to the top manually, refitting the motor and trying it again. It would go down but as soon as it attempted to go up tonight it cut out. Next question are window motors interchangeable between models? Mine is S006-060-011D. I have another one available to try that's S006-060-013C.

Thanks,
Andy