Light noise timing belt after replacement

JohnnalS3

Reaction score
Hi guys! The car is a Audi S3 2009 (120.000km),and before little days ago ,i did the big servise .
I replacement : timing belt(dayco),water pump(Audi),alternator belt(dayco).

Everything is going perfect,and the job was done with friend mechanic (and I saw with my own eyes, that the work was done correctly in all points)

Βut now ,I noticed,when the engine is warm,a very light sound(not annoying)is heard from timing belt cover.
(note,only when engine is warm ,at cold nothing)

My mechanic ,when I mentioned it to him,he said it is normal, and that in time(1000/1500km) it will go away.
(it is because the timing belt is new ,and the tension is little tight,and when the engine is warm the belt tend to stretch more)

I mentioned it, to another mechanic,and he said the same!It is normal.

Does anyone have similar experience?

Thanks.

Remove the cover, see if it goes away as could be rubbing from badly fitted cover or as he says new belt etc.

Thanks for your answer.
How the cover can not install right ?or the belt?Really can't understand .Some parts cannot to assembly wrong.
If this happens( i think) the sound hearding for all time from cold engine.

Ok fine, but you asked for help, advise & I've given some from experience.

Hi guys! The car is a Audi S3 2009 (120.000km),and before little days ago ,i did the big servise .
I replacement : timing belt(dayco),water pump(Audi),alternator belt(dayco).

Everything is going perfect,and the job was done with friend mechanic (and I saw with my own eyes, that the work was done correctly in all points)

Βut now ,I noticed,when the engine is warm,a very light sound(not annoying)is heard from timing belt cover.
(note,only when engine is warm ,at cold nothing)

My mechanic ,when I mentioned it to him,he said it is normal, and that in time(1000/1500km) it will go away.
(it is because the timing belt is new ,and the tension is little tight,and when the engine is warm the belt tend to stretch more)

I mentioned it, to another mechanic,and he said the same!It is normal.

Does anyone have similar experience?

Thanks.

The tensioner pulley is generally set at a specific point with a marker on it.

I’ve never had a noise after changing a belt if it’s too tight it needs re-tensioning correctly.

If it’s the cover it needs removing and re-seating correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk