2021 CPO Scratches

Hughea10

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted in the detailing section but wanted to get general feedback from a larger group. Purchased a 2021 S4 Navarra blue 7k Mile CPO on Saturday. When I saw the car at the dealer there were 1or two scratches present not to the extend that the pictures I’ve take show. I noticed these after I got home when the car was “prepped” for me. Dealer (I won’t name yet) is saying they can wax it but essentially it’s a used car… does anyone know the CPO certification rules for Audi? Do any paint issues need to be corrected like mechanical issues would?
E715346E DCF0 4AC9 96A9 CBA931891D50
CA70382E E91F 49A5 AF37 B60F21C81BA3
61AAD74D DF4F 4741 A020 E4526281ED10
014A3C7D 998D 4B59 891E 063BD0950061

It may be different in the states but typically in the UK cosmetic damage like that would be discussed and either the price would be reduced or the dealer would fix - depending on the value of the car and severity of the damage. I recently bought a 4 year old car and the dealer resprayed the front bumper due to a small scuff on the corner, refurbished the wheels and did a PDR fix on a small dent. They also fully machine polished the whole car which removed a couple of minor loading scratches from the rear bumper. Given the value of your vehicle, whilst I wouldn't expect them to remedy every stone chip I wouldn't want to see any dings or deep scratches and at a minimum would expect a 'proper' polishing to remove surface paint issues.

To my untrained eye it looks like all of that should come out with polishing - maybe agree with the dealer to let you use your own detailer and they will re-imburse since they're clearly not very good at it...