Powerfold Mirror Help Needed Please

Damian_S

Reaction score
Donor car was 2006 A3 8P SB - I have the powerfold mirrors and the door modules 801G along with the switch for the door

Retro fitting into 2008 A3 8P SB TDI

Issue - fault codes for both door modules with power supply lower limit exceed, no folding mirrors after coding and no central locking

I'm assuming that the door looms are different between the cars due to the year of manufacture - does anyone know the best option, swap the door loom or do I need to find 801P door modules?

What were the 5dr module part numbers & did they have mirror indicators?

The door module part code from the donor car 8P0 959 801G and mirrors have no indicator (both cars are pre-facelift)

I have all 4 door modules from the donor car (still have the car) but only changed the front modules/mirrors and coding

Thanks

No, the original ones in the 08 car.

Original modules on the 2008 car are 8P0 959 801K & door loom part code 8P4 971 029M

Donor car modules 8P0 959 801G & door loom part code 8P4 971 029G

Last edited:
Needs rewiring to suit the G module pinouts, done it many times.

Ok thanks - assumed it would be some wiring related issue - not sure where you are based, is this something you would undertake? I'm also adding puddle and warning lights (as the donor door panels have these) they didn't work either.

I'm quite interested in some other retro fits as well, but based on this experience I'm considering getting someone else to do them

Yeap I can do it, WhatsApp me to discuss further :)