A3 Rns-e

Audi12345

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new here. I am Slovak for the introduction and therefore your language is not my natural so I apologize in advance. What i can't write, translate in google.

I have audi a3 12.2009 sportback gen2 1.8 tfsi cdaa 118kw dsg ag7. My original radio 8P0035186P.
Air condition 8P0820043BH
Central electrics 8P0907279N
Gateway 1K0907951
Parking assitance 8P0919475B
Steering assistance 1K0909144C
Dashboard 8P0920931T

I bought an android radio and it was a big mistake. Errors in units, no communication with obd, no car settings, long boot, lags - TRASH. After a week I returned the original. I'm looking for rns-e. There are two models lcd cd/tv old and media-led. Can my parking assistant communicate and therefore display the radar (graphical illustration) even at the old rns-e or it can only led version? Or which rns-e versions will allow me to do that? It can be coded as well as the radio and the parking unit there is no problem. Well thank you for each answer and advice.

not directly related to your question, but i have had an android unit in my a3 since 2018. no real issues.
depending on what you want to do with the unit, i would stay stick with aftermarket. even if you get a carplay sony/kenwood/pioneer etc. the functionality over the rsne is crazy

not directly related to your question, but i have had an android unit in my a3 since 2018. no real issues.
depending on what you want to do with the unit, i would stay stick with aftermarket. even if you get a carplay sony/kenwood/pioneer etc. the functionality over the rsne is crazy
What radio did you change the android for? You have a3 what year can I ask? I don't think any android radio can compare with the original and therefore rns-e oem. You need many things for 35% working. Canbus adapter, antena adapter, shaft adjustment and a lot of nonsensical cabling. Obd no more working, sound system working half, antenna loses performance, long boot, lags, apps crashing... I dont know.. Rns communicate with car, with dashboard, with park assist, fast boot, no way battery drain. Fits perfectly without any interference. Kenwood, pioneer ok but again many things for normal go. When I connect the car for diagnostics must be without defects. It can't do pioneer or kenwood or alpine or chinese androids

2011. Radio was a Chorus.

Had none of those issues. Obd not working? Never had that. Sound works fine, long boot isn't an issue as the unit goes into standby and turns on instantly when car is turned on, no aerial adapter, radio reception is fine, cabling is fine.
Did you get a universal android or an a3 8p specific unit?
Go with what you feel is best, but those issues aren't the norm

2011. Radio was a Chorus.

Had none of those issues. Obd not working? Never had that. Sound works fine, long boot isn't an issue as the unit goes into standby and turns on instantly when car is turned on, no aerial adapter, radio reception is fine, cabling is fine.
Did you get a universal android or an a3 8p specific unit?
Go with what you feel is best, but those issues aren't the norm
Yes you can no longer set the radio via obd. Your car thinks you have a Chorus if you haven't decoded him.
I think that was china and was designed for a3.
PX5 octa core 4gb ram 32gb rom android 10. Only the steering wheel controls worked there and radio features of course.
Nothing more about car no options and nothing to set between car and radio.
I have no idea what rns can do 100%, but I believe that will be what I am looking for.

You won't get any more options between the car and radio with the rnse.
The only bonus you get is the rds info on the dash, so the radio station name, and parking sensor display.

I don't know what you mean by set the radio by obd

After a very long time, I returned to the issue of Audi and Chinese radio. No one, absolutely no one can advise me and get answers as to how it can't be done. Trust me, almost anything is possible. I still have an audi a3 2009. I decided on win not android. The gist is the same, but wince is much faster and more reliable for me. Yes, Audi knows with parking assistant. Yes, the following: open doors, + (trunk, hood) liter in the tank, belts, handbrake, tpms, active and passive system, multifunction steering wheel. Only one thing is not working, the communication with the dashboard does not show the song or the name of the radio. I believe I will finish it last.

Attachments

• IMG-9992.jpg
    IMG-9992.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG-0027 (3).jpg
    IMG-0027 (3).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG-0036.jpg
    IMG-0036.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG-0108.jpg
    IMG-0108.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG-0107.jpg
    IMG-0107.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG-9790.jpg
    IMG-9790.jpg
    877.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-9786.jpg
    IMG-9786.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG-9991.jpg
    IMG-9991.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
S RNSE už nezískate žiadne ďalšie možnosti medzi autom a rádiom.
Jediným bonusom, ktorý získate, sú informácie rds na prístrojovej doske, teda názov rozhlasovej stanice a zobrazenie parkovacieho senzora.

Neviem, čo myslíš tým, že nastavuješ rádio obd
Previously I saw the radio as another unit in the obd. After the replacement, it is no longer possible to access the radio.

3 canbus solved the communication between the radio and the dashboard, steering wheel control, comfort communication, but the parking radar does not work. Audi is really special and I have nothing else to try. My opinion is also that the radio does not have good canbus protocols. I think that everything would work on Android. Wince system is outdated and unsupported. Maybe this thread will help some of you. Good luck

Attachments

• 315DD1B6-3C0C-4FC0-AFE4-146BD6F93CDE.jpg
    315DD1B6-3C0C-4FC0-AFE4-146BD6F93CDE.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 6F6F9500-0965-4ECB-B3A5-7D71241D5B7B.jpg
    6F6F9500-0965-4ECB-B3A5-7D71241D5B7B.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Audi monopolize these things for A reason. So why not Grab a Guy on this site . Ur problems solved if ur UK . As i dont check . TAGS for names .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Audi monopolize these things for A reason. So why not Grab a Guy on this site . Ur problems solved if ur UK . As i dont check . TAGS for names .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I don't know if I understand you correctly. Is it bad to share this?

Last edited: