A7 Remap Qustion

PCA7

Reaction score
Hi Team,
Hope you are all well

I'm thinking about remapping my A7 218 TDI
I wanted to ask if mileage would be an issue?
Mines currently done 116k, no issues with car, had brake fluid done from audi last week with free health which came back with no issues.
What is everyone's thoughts?

TIA

In all honesty I wouldn't do it unless your prepared for the cost of the gearbox and mechatronic unit. I remapped mine at a lot less miles and with supporting mods. I personally think the box isn't fit for the torque most remaps will produce. I say that after having to change a box and mechatronic unit, the price was eye watering!!! Does make the car a whole new animal though.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

In all honesty I wouldn't do it unless your prepared for the cost of the gearbox and mechatronic unit. I remapped mine at a lot less miles and with supporting mods. I personally think the box isn't fit for the torque most remaps will produce. I say that after having to change a box and mechatronic unit, the price was eye watering!!! Does make the car a whole new animal though.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Oh really! That's scary!!
Not sure what to do

Personally I think it is down to what you have bought the car for. If it is a daily that you rely on for work and cant afford if it goes wrong (as in cant get to work etc) then I probably wouldn't bother. If you can afford for it to possibly have issues (like work from home or have use of another car) I would go for it and tune it.

I have had many lightly tuned cars and highly tuned ones, and yes I have had the odd issue but nothing catastrophic! It is all down to personal experience and preference I would say.
If you do fancy tuning it and are located near Windsor I fully recommend Bobby Singh (BSR) on here for your tuning needs! I've just had my map tweaked and a few extra bits done by Bobby and his workmanship, communication and knowledge are second to none!

Reactions: bobby singh and BD55SOL
Personally I think it is down to what you have bought the car for. If it is a daily that you rely on for work and cant afford if it goes wrong (as in cant get to work etc) then I probably wouldn't bother. If you can afford for it to possibly have issues (like work from home or have use of another car) I would go for it and tune it.

I have had many lightly tuned cars and highly tuned ones, and yes I have had the odd issue but nothing catastrophic! It is all down to personal experience and preference I would say.
If you do fancy tuning it and are located near Windsor I fully recommend Bobby Singh (BSR) on here for your tuning needs! I've just had my map tweaked and a few extra bits done by Bobby and his workmanship, communication and knowledge are second to none!
Thanks for the reply mate,
I've done less than 3k in the last 12 months, as work from home, just sits on the drive most the time lol
I'd love to use Bobby Singh but too far for me, was thinking about using DMS Automotive.

Thanks for the reply mate,
I've done less than 3k in the last 12 months, as work from home, just sits on the drive most the time lol
I'd love to use Bobby Singh but too far for me, was thinking about using DMS Automotive.
Personally I would map it then but of course up to you. If you drive it hard and require that extra bit of power, then it’s worth it.

Reactions: PCA7