Car starts only with clutch pedal hard down

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've scanned a friend car 2.0TDI as he is have trouble starting the car. The scan only came up with old error codes which were cleared and none of them came back. So I logged the clutch pedal movement on the parking brake module and the starting percent is not 0 but 7-9% and the maximum it only ever gets to is 80% and that is when the pedal is pushed down hard. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or can someone else see what there clutch pedal values are for minimum & maximum.

Don't know if this is normal on the B8 but the clutch pedal is very light for the first 1-2 inch then becomes very heavy, and it's almost got to be pushed through the floor to get the 80% and the car started.

There is a switch on either the clutch master cylinder or the clutch slave cylinder that needs operated before the engine can be started, some people have experienced issues with this, but so far not me on my 2011 S4 with 6MT.

Edit:- due to this feature, my "shortish" wife probably will never be able to drive this car, I've only owned it since July 2013!

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Thanks. I'm just wondering if people clutch values are the same. When I had a go at the clutch is was very heavy. Not something I would like to drive on a daily basis.

I had this on a customers 3.0TDI CAPA once, the issue was fixed by changing the master cylinder however as a temp fix I was able to map around the issue.
Cheers

Reactions: B5NUT