obd11 and canbus error

Tqm

Reaction score
Hi
I have installed LED reg lights which worked for about 3 months before going out and showing error on dash, I have since replaced with OEM light but still the error is persistent and the light is out, I'm assuming because canbus has detected low resistance and stopped power to that light.
Im looking at OBDEleven to clear the error code/ code out the feature, I've seen on the website that canbus errors are only supported on 2011+ models, is this true?
Are there any OBDEleven users which can shed some light?
Would clearing the code now solve the issue?

More likely to be a problem with the bulb holder being corroded in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN
Or melted plastic has warped the copper plate contact points so they're not touching.

Reactions: Abi
There’s no point clearing the errors till the fault has been rectified. It will just keep coming back.

Or melted plastic has warped the copper plate contact points so they're not touching.
seems like this could be the issue as there is 0 visible corrosion, I will look at the replacement part, cant believe I will be almost £100 in for reg lights :/

There’s no point clearing the errors till the fault has been rectified. It will just keep coming back.

I understand but i expected the error to be redundant as an OEM bulb is now in place

I understand but i expected the error to be redundant as an OEM bulb is now in place

But you said it still isn’t lit therefore the error will occur

seems like this could be the issue as there is 0 visible corrosion, I will look at the replacement part, cant believe I will be almost £100 in for reg lights :/
Not necessarily, bends the prongs more proud, you need to take pics & show us of the inside.

Reactions: Abi

But the bulb is not lit therefore the system thinks the bulb is blown throwing up the error

But the bulb is not lit therefore the system thinks the bulb is blown throwing up the error

My concern is canbus has cut power when the LED was in there and has not tried to light up the new bulb. I thought maybe clearing the error code would make canbus read the resistance again and light up the bulb since its now supposedly the right resistance.

My concern is canbus has cut power when the LED was in there and has not tried to light up the new bulb. I thought maybe clearing the error code would make canbus read the resistance again and light up the bulb since its now supposedly the right resistance.

No, it don’t work like that, LED’s have resistors built in to mimic a normal bulb’s resistance, once the new bulb lights up the error will disappear, no need to plug it in