8V LED Headlight Fix

t8rco

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the Forum, I have a early 3 door 2.0 TDI(150Bhp) 8V car with self levelling LED halogen headlights from factory(although an option in those days).
Problem is one of the headlights LED daytime running lights has failed and I can see moisture in the headlight, two questions really:
1. I read on this forum that Audi should have recalled 8V LED headlights for my car where some washers/grommets to be put in on the headlights to stop moisture, however no one from Audi contacted me - would this be the cause to my problems and is it worth contacting Audi?
2. Are these units repairable?

Thanks for any help

If theres a recall under your vin, you'd still be able to claim that, so ring audi, quote your vin & they will check.

Reactions: t8rco
Try replacing the module first. Remove the headlight (easier than people say and doesn’t require full bumper removal, just a few bolts), remove modules (3 in total, t20 or t10 torx) dry out 100% (sunlight is safest but you can YouTube headlight oven/heat gun drying…just use low heat and be very careful not to warp the lense), and order a replacement(s) module using the part number from eBay. Be sure to use electrical cleaner on the pins/female plugs on both the harness and those within the headlight before reconnecting. GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water definetely getting inside, anyone know where to get whole unit or anyone who repairs??

LED

It dried out on its own in the sun whilst in car, then the other day started working again!! Definetely not putting a pressure washer anywhere near that!!