Coolant leak from somewhere

19ryanh93

Reaction score
Hi all

As the title suggests I’ve got a water leak from somewhere.

Just putting feelers out there to see if anyone knows or has had similar. I’ve found it dripping from the A/C Compressor bracket, I’ve tried chasing it using a bore scope but can’t find anything.

Water pump feels dry, I’ve replaced the regulator valve in the V a couple of months ago.

Just struggling to see where this one’s coming from, I’ll be getting it up in the air properly next week but wouldn’t mind an idea before I start taking bits off.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pressure it up via the reservoir & start looking.

I had mine looked at a couple of months ago, I told the garage what car it was and it was using a small amount of coolant and they suggested straight away that it might be the oil cooler, the v was wet and they've done quite a few on this engine type.
It was more expensive to fix than I'd hoped but I don't have to check the coolant all that often any more.

I had mine looked at a couple of months ago, I told the garage what car it was and it was using a small amount of coolant and they suggested straight away that it might be the oil cooler, the v was wet and they've done quite a few on this engine type.
It was more expensive to fix than I'd hoped but I don't have to check the coolant all that often any more.

That’s what I was thinking but the V is bone dry. The only evidence I can see is the drips from below.

Pressure it up via the reservoir & start looking.

All tested. So it turns out to be the air con compressor bracket that has a water jacket running through it.

For anyone who’s interested it’s a known issue with 2015-2017 ones and has been superseded 4 times. It corrodes to the point where there’s a hole in it.

Reactions: NHN
Jees they've over engineered that cooling too huh.

Did the pressure test find it?

Jees they've over engineered that cooling too huh.

Did the pressure test find it?

After about 3 hours yeah. But the leak wasn’t that visible unless you introduced sudden pressure. You could see a pool on the bore scope but couldn’t see clearly where it was coming from and at first looked like it was coming from the bread basket until I blew the whole thing off and threw a load of air through at once it was clearer.

I’ll put a picture up of the bracket when I take it off. It’s pretty ridiculous.

Reactions: NHN