Paddle shifter coding A3 8V FL

kosterific

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday I swapped my steering wheel for a version with paddle shifters on my A3 8V FL. It was previously fitted in an Audi A4 B9. I swapped the steering wheel buttons and connected the shifters but they are not working. The - and + are illuminated so they are connected.

Is there some kind of coding that I need to do?

You'll need to tell the steering module its got paddles, of course if you have an auto box, trust me some people have done that before lol.

Pics of old & new would be good.

Haha yes, I have the S-Tronic.

I've googled the life of me for the coding but I really can't find it. Everyone says it should work without coding.

It may be pnp subject to the module fitted & wheel type, hence why need to see old & new wheel versions.

Here you can see both the wheels.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-07 at 10.20.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-07 at 10.20.40.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 195
So all buttons work, just not paddles?

For me its either your steering module isnt coded for or there's a compatibility issue.

I swapped the buttons from the old wheel to the new wheel, so they all work. Do you know the coding for the steering module?

Just login to the module to check coding & also paddle button in measuring blocks.

I use OBDEleven and checked the coding and live data but can’t find anything like paddle shift or tiptronic.

do you know the byte/bit to check in unit 16?

Okay, I think I figured it out. I took off the buttons again and placed the A4 buttons back. Everything works! So either the paddles are not compatible with the A3 buttons or vice versa.

Is there any difference in the MF buttons?

So now your paddles work, without coding?
I'm lookin to do this to my S3 PFL. But I'm reading mixed messages about the need for coding it in...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk