Stolen Recovered Audi A5. Need Help

junaid1234

Reaction score
I've recently purchased a stolen recovered 2018 Audi A5 and so far I am regretting it. The keys the car came with were incorrect and the blades did not fit into the barrels so I believe those were the duplicates left by the thieves. The doors were unlocked and the virtual cockpit also comes on but that's it. I ordered a set of new keys from Audi and had a locksmith come program the keys as well but he was unable to do so as there was an issue with the CCM and the steering lock module. The blade that came with the new key fitted into the existing barrels in the car so the barrels have not been tampered with. The car has since been sent over to Audi and the CCM and the steering lock have been replaced by Audi themselves but they are still not being able to code the key to the car. Ive been told by the technician that the key is not registering to the steering lock even though Audi have replaced the module. I feel like I've hit a dead end and don't know what to do. Has anyone been in a similar situation or can anyone give any advice on what the issue can be?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

I take it the sole reason for buying a stolen/recovered car was it’s cheaper?
Each to their own but the circumstances of the theft would dictate if there are hidden issues. Cars get stolen to move on, break up or used to commit more crime. Either way it’s not going to get treated with care (unless it’s something rare) and most owners on here and other forums say they don’t want their recovered vehicle back.
If it was me I wouldn’t trust it-it’s been abused by criminals but if you now have regrets you can (if from a dealer) reject it and follow that process.
If it’s a private sale-it’s your lemon I’m afraid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible fault with the ecu as well?

Even if you bought it from an auction I think you’re stuck with it.